Thread: Vlad to Japan?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MLB Vlad to Japan?

According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, Vladimir Guerrero could spend the 2012 season in Japan if he's unable to secure an offer from a big league team by Opening Day.
    Guerrero has struggled to attract interest on the open market this offseason after registering a career-low .733 OPS in 145 games last year for the Orioles. His inability to play defense makes him a less-than-desirable option for a bench role, and most American League teams are already set at designated hitter.
    I still think a team could use him as a right handed option at DH. If Manny Ramirez can get a shot, I don't how Vlad isn't getting his.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Vlad to Japan?

Higher OPS than Ibanez...but Ibanez has world class defense and all.

I'd like him to go to Texas, they're injury prone, he'd get at bats.

Rookie ERA

Now he is working out at the Indians academy in Bocachica, and they
    are said to have some of interest.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Vladimir Guerrero is in police custody following a bar brawl in the Dominican Republic.
    Reports out of the Dominican Republic are saying that Guerrero was involved in an all-night police chase after the incident in question. The 37-year-old is currently at a police precinct in Bani and will be reportedly be charged with physical and verbal assault of an authority. We'll pass along more information when it is made available.
    Some people can't handle unemployment

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Vladimir Guerrero is in police custody following a bar brawl in the Dominican Republic.
    Reports out of the Dominican Republic are saying that Guerrero was involved in an all-night police chase after the incident in question. The 37-year-old is currently at a police precinct in Bani and will be reportedly be charged with physical and verbal assault of an authority. We'll pass along more information when it is made available.
    Some people can't handle unemployment