Thread: Rockies aquire Guthrie from O's

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rockies aquire Guthrie from O's

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Orioles have agreed to trade Jeremy Guthrie to the Rockies for right-handers Jason Hammel and Matt Lindstrom.
    Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun was the first to catch wind of the trade negotiations, which have now been completed. Guthrie was scheduled to take part in an arbitration hearing on Monday morning with the Orioles, but will now enter into salary negotiations with Colorado instead. He had a 4.33 ERA and 1.34 WHIP in 208 innings last season and was seeking a $10.25 million salary for 2012. The Orioles countered at $7.25 million. Hammel is likely to join the O's rotation and Lindstrom will head to the back end of the Baltimore 'pen.
    As reported by Rotoworld. Reports are out that the Rockies have already agreed to a 1-year pact with Guthrie avoiding arbitration as well. Seems like a decent trade for both teams, as the O's drop some salary(on what looks more like an innings eater) to fill a couple holes.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Rockies aquire Guthrie from O's

Sure the O's got two pitchers for one but I think they could have done a tad better. I know Guthrie isn't anything special but he has put together solid seasons the past two years. That said, I see Guthrie getting hit hard in Colorado.