Thread: Marlins close to getting Big Z

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins Marlins close to getting Big Z

Marlins Close To Acquiring Carlos Zambrano : MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

I will have more to say if this comes to fruition but this looks good for the Cubs no matter what.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Marlins close to getting Big Z

The Marlins and Cubs have agreed to a trade that will send Carlos Zambrano to Miami for Chris Volstad, reports Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago (Twitter links). The trade is still pending physicals and approval from the commissioner's office according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (Twitter links). The Marlins will pay just $2.5MM of Zambrano's $18MM salary, reports Juan C. Rodriguez of The Sun Sentinel (on Twitter).
    Wow! Good for the Cubs, the jury is going to be out a while for the Marlins. I know everyone thinks since Guillen and Big Z are friends that everything will work out well but anybody who has worked with friends know that isn't always the case. I do think Zambrano could do well with a change of scenery though. Volstad is a fair return I believe and is still young enough to have upside.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Volstad is garbage. I like the deal for the Marlins especially with the Cubs eating all of that money.

Rookie ERA

Told ya somebody would take the Big Z, lots of second (third, fourth, fifth....). chances in baseball.