• Chicago Cubs
    • Texas Rangers
    • Seattle Mariners
    • Toronto Blue Jays
    • Washington Nationals
    • St. Louis Cardinals
    • Baltimore Orioles
    • Miami Marlins

We've read more reports that clubs are in or out on Prince Fielder than the slugger hit home runs this past season, and that's a lot of ins and outs. The latest buzz suggests nobody is truly out, but perhaps still not aggressive for Fielder at this time. Maybe that means the asking price is too high, or that particular club has other twigs to gather first.

Jon Heyman tweets Monday that the Chicago Cubs are definitely interested in Fielder, and that the Mariners, Blue Jays and Rangers are also seriously considering the slugger.

The Orioles appear to be a non-factor, at least at this stage, but the Nationals have a shown a willingness to spend big dollars and aren't out of it until Fielder signs elsewhere, despite the fact that they owe first baseman Adam LaRoche $9 million and have to find a way to get Mike Morse in the lineup regularly.

One source tells Rumor Central that the most aggressive team has been Seattle and that 8-10 years may not ultimately scare them away. It seems all involved are waiting for another shoe to drop or for the price to come down.

Meanwhile, GM Doug Melvin confirmed to Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel Monday night that the signing of Aramis Ramirez officially eliminates the Brewers in the race for Fielder. "I think Scott (Boras) understand that," Melvin says

Seattle? Ooooh Prince buddy. I hope someone shows him pictures of Adrian Beltre, Richie Sexson, and other recent big money free agents that signed there!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Teams interested in Fielder?

Unlike Beltre and Sexson, Prince Fielder hits Lefty. Thats a big difference in Safeco, the ball flies out to RF.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA

5 year deal or bust.

I heard Boras is seeking 10 years
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

According to Bill Ladson of MLB.com, Nationals ownership met with agent Scott Boras in the nation's capital recently to discuss first baseman Prince Fielder.
    A report Monday in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel claimed that the Nationals "have emerged" as the front-runner for Fielder, and Ladson's report would certainly back that up. The 27-year-old free agent batted .299/.415/.566 with 38 home runs and 120 RBI in 162 games last season for the Brewers, and would obviously provide a significant upgrade to Washington's offensive potential. He's also thought to be drawing interest from the Mariners, Blue Jays, and maybe the Cubs.
    The Nats have built a solid rotation and bullpen that is both young and cost effective. Adding Fielder would give them a huge presence to go along with Werth, Zimmerman, Morse and Ramos. Nats will be competitive in '12 as is but Fielder would make them legit contenders for a WC spot. Problem is Fielder and Werth's contract would haunt them for years.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I figured that was his destination from the get go, Boras seems to have a good relationship with that team. That division would become even more competitive. Meanwhile, the mets.... (lol)
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Poor Adam LaRoche

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm torn between "No free-agent first baseman is worth the huge financial burden, especially one with a cumbersome physique that doesn't tend to age well" and "yeah, but James Loney."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    I'm torn between "No free-agent first baseman is worth the huge financial burden, especially one with a cumbersome physique that doesn't tend to age well" and "yeah, but James Loney."
    Substitute Kernshaw for Latos (maybe changing the offer slightly) would you have done it for "Over" Yonder+ from the Reds?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Lmao

MLB ERA

Kershaw is worth more than Latos. Latos has Cy Young potential. Kershaw actually won one.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Espn reported that a sports station in Milwaukee is saying Fielder will be playing in Washington.. The Nats are spending money and continuing to get better..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm really surprised by the nationals and Marlins trying to buy playoffs. The nationals will be solid if healthy, but that's a lot on Strausburg to rest his arm and Fielder to stay away from the buffet...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Nationals have a solid 1-5 so the pressure won't be all on Strasburg.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Brewers invited Fielder back on a one-year contract that would have set him up for a mega-deal with the Dodgers next winter, once the team has a new owner in place, Bill Shaikin of the LA Times tweets. However, Boras showed no interest in the Brewers' proposal. Dodgers owner Frank McCourt says he's "not going to talk about" Fielder, Shaikin tweets.
    Just sign with some douchefuck team I don't give a shit about already. The speculation is nothing but a cocktease.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 01-20-2012 at 05:48 AM.

MLB ERA

If you don't give a shit then why bother posting about it in this thread?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast