Thread: Wilson asked for $100 million

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Angels Wilson asked for $100 million

According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, free agent left-hander C.J. Wilson asked the Angels for a $100 million contract.
    It's not clear if the Angels balked at Wilson's asking price, but most expect the bidding will fall somewhere in the $100 million range. The 30-year-old southpaw visited the Marlins' new ballpark on Monday and could sign somewhere during the Winter Meetings next week in Dallas.
    Weaver, Wilson, Haren and Santana would make for one fearsome foursome. The Angels will have a lot of money coming off the books after the 2012 season so this shouldn't be a problem for the Angels. I don't think Wilson is worth that much but maybe someone can sign him for less than his asking price.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Wilson asked for $100 million

Hunter's $18 million and Abreu's $9 million will be off the books after 2012, but they still have to pick up the 2013 options on Haren's $15.5 million and Santana's $13 million, plus Vernon Wells is still on the books through 2014.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Haren and Santana aren't getting major raises and Wells' amount stays the same. Rodney's $5.5 million coming off the books pretty much pays for the raises coming Haren and Santana's way.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Wilson is expected to sign with the Angels today. No real certainty of what he'll sign for but it's not expected to exceed $100 million.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks like Wilson will be joining Pujols!! Holy shit!!! What a fucking crazy offseason!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Then the Angels agreed to terms with left-handed starter C.J. Wilson on a five-year, $77.5 million contract, his agent Bob Garber told ESPN.
    Deep rotation plus an impact bat in the middle of the lineup. Yikes.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Plus they have some players to move like Trumbo or Callaspo to make upgrades. Let's not forget they got Ianetta too.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't understand this move. For every year that CJ has been a "good" pitcher, he gets 2 years of big time money.