Thread: Rangers look into Hanrahan

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rangers Rangers look into Hanrahan

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Rangers have made inquiries on Pirates closer Joel Hanrahan.
    Hanrahan has had a dominant year, posting a 1.66 ERA and 1.25 WHIP while converting all 13 save chances, and his 11.4 K/9 rate over the last two seasons has been one of the best marks in the league over that time. But, Hanrahan, 29, is under club control through 2013, and the Pirates, not surprisingly, would ask for "a significant price" in return, according to Rosenthal. Hanrahan would be used to set up Neftali Feliz this season before possibly taking over as the closer in 2012 if Feliz moves into the rotation.
    Hell yeah the Pirates would ask for a significant price in return, Hanrahan would be a good closer or setup guy for any contending team. The Pirates don't need to trade him as he's affordable and under control for two more years. I hope the Pirates don't trade him but if they do, I hope they get a good package of talent.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rangers look into Hanrahan

With MLB having taken control of the Dodgers, I can envision Ned Colletti channel his inner Omar Minaya Montreal GM skills and trade Zach Lee, Rubby de la Rosa, and Dee Gordon for Joel Hanrahan.