Thread: Slowey to Toronto?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Slowey to Toronto?

Apparently, Blue Jays scouts were watching Slowey yesterday picthing against the Pirates. Twins have said they are "very much willing" to talk about potential trades with Slowey. Rumor is Toronto would be giving up bullpen help.

Personally, it should be Baker instead of Slowey.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Re: Slowey to Toronto?

I don't necessarily agree with that, Henks. Baker has pitched some big games for the Twins and is still pretty young.
    I wonder who the Twins are asking for in return? Maybe Slowey for Bautista straight up?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

If this does happen, whoever they get in return needs to be MLB ready right away. None of this 2 A-Ball prospects and a PTBNL junk.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

I think it would be interesting to get Rauch for Slowey, although if they did get a couple of non-roster guys for him, they could add someone that they are impressed with this spring.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I really don't see why the Jays need Slowey. They would most likely trade some of their bullpen for him but the Jays are very deep in starting pitching and Slowey is really nothing special.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He'd be there to start the season so that Stewart and Kyle "The Kid" don't have to be in the opening day rotation.
    Does it make sense, no. There are a bunch of other starters that the Jays can use from within their own system, Litsch, Mark (name removed cause I can't spell it), Reyes. No need to trade away someone for Slowey when you already have mediocre starters in the system.