Thread: A's, Balfour Close on Mulit-year Deal

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

A's A's, Balfour Close on Mulit-year Deal

The A's and reliever Grant Balfour are close to agreement on a multi-year deal, a source told FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi.
    Financial terms have not yet been released for the Type A free agent. Since Oakland's first-round pick is protected, Tampa Bay will get their second rounder as well as a supplementary first round pick. Balfour, 33, posted a strong 2.28 ERA and 56/17 K/BB ratio over 55 1/3 innings with the Rays last season and should be an elite setup man for closer Andrew Bailey with the A's.
    The A's bullpen just got better if that's even possible. What a fantastic pickup for the A's! Its even better that the A's don't have to give up a first rounder. The A's have made a ton of improvement and if I had to make a prediction right now, the A's would be my pick to win the West.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: A's, Balfour Close on Mulit-year Deal

The offense needs to perform. A fly-ball pitcher like Balfour should do fine in the Coliseum.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I like the offense for the A's and I really like how they got better defensively. A's should be a lot of fun to watch next year.

Rookie ERA

Dammit! You stole my Thunder from Downunder! We're gonna suck!

MLB ERA

The A's look like they are serious about contending next year. As has been said, they will go as far as their offense will take them. Their bullpen, already solid, got better.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon