Thread: Francoeur, Royals close to deal?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Francoeur, Royals close to deal?

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Royals are "close" to signing Jeff Francoeur.
    It was only a matter of when. According to Rosenthal, it will be a one-year contract, possibly with a club option. Francoeur, who turns 27 in January, batted just .249/.300/.383 with 13 home runs, 65 RBI and a 683 OPS over 503 plate appearances between the Mets and Rangers this past season. He shouldn't be a major league regular, but has drawn interest from several teams looking for a right-handed bat.
    What is up with Dayton Moore getting mediocre players with piss poor OBP's? Jose Guillen, Jason Kendall, Mike Jacobs, Rick Ankiel and now add Frenchy to the list. One of the biggest knocks on the Royals the past few years is their terrible team OBP but yet they do nothing to help it, only make it worse. Nothing else to say but a lateral move and a bad one at that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Francoeur, Royals close to deal?

He wants to make sure he out does Pittsburgh's total of mediocrity.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Francoeur, Royals close to deal?

Frenchy is making $2.5 million, the same Jack Cust just signed for. Unlike Jeff, Cust can actually get on base and hit for more power. Frenchy also has an option for $3 million for 2012. Gross!