Thread: Carl Crawford - The 2010 Odyssey

MLB ERA

Rumor Carl Crawford - The 2010 Odyssey

According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, early speculation among rival executives is that the Angels and Red Sox are going to go "wallet-to-wallet" for Carl Crawford this winter.
    Let the speculation begin. Crawford, 29, is expected to draw interest from some of baseball's biggest spenders this winter. We've heard about the Angels for months now, but the Red Sox are an interesting fit in that they already have Jacoby Ellsbury, Mike Cameron and J.D. Drew under team control for next season. Of course, all three players come with significant injury risk and there's early buzz that the Red Sox would consider trading Ellsbury this winter
    Source: Red Sox, Angels to go "wallet-to-wallet" for Carl Crawford | HardballTalk

The Yankees are going to pull a Texas Rangers and come in out of nowhere, ***** the slap the two teams and swipe him right from underneath their noses!

These are not the two teams I want to see bidding for Crawford, though. The Angels have always had the Yankees number and I'm so sick of dealing with Crawford in the AL East. I guess I would rather see Crawford end up in an Angels uniform but I wouldn't exactly be overflowing with joy.

Come on Pittsburgh Pirates! Come out of nowhere and shock the world and put Crawford in a Pirates uniform!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Buster Olney: Angels and Red Sox are going to go "wallet-to-wallet" for Carl Craw

The Nationals and Astros are also interested in Crawford. I see the Angels being the team that ends up with Crawford. Just think of an OF of Crawford, Bourjos and Hunter. A ball shouldn't fall in with all that speed out there. Angels have the money and after this disappointing year, I think they will do everything they can to get the best FA out there. Plus with the Angels rotation practically set already, they can focus all their attention on getting Crawford.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Buster Olney: Angels and Red Sox are going to go "wallet-to-wallet" for Carl Craw

The A's will have a lot of money available. Chavez is off the books and so is Sheets. That's over $20 mil right there. They were ready to spend more this off-season (they offered Beltre more money and a longer contract than Boston). Their rotation is set, too. Supposedly, they're going to try to sign Crawford or Werth.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If I were the A's, I would try to get Dunn to DH.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Carl Crawford - The 2010 Odyssey

I changed the thread title in hopes of making this the thread to talk of all things Carl. A hot commodity on the FA market this season. May even be the hottest? Let's wait and see.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds get him to replace Jonny Gomes.

Ok, seriously, I don't think he goes to either team. I honestly think it might be an NL team that gets him.
    rf28

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I think the Yankees will sign Crawford or Werth, but I'm not sure which one. They need a LF so they'll go buy one at 125% of the market price.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Why sign Crawford when you can have Werth for possibly less money instead?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Major league sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that the Tigers "are deeply interested" in free-agent-to-be Carl Crawford.
    Crawford, 29, will unquestionably be the most coveted position player in the free agent market this winter. He would make a huge difference in anybody's lineup -- both offensively and defensively -- but the Tigers will likely have to outbid the Angels and Red Sox, among others, for the outfielder's services.
    So that's why they don't want Damon back Austin Jackson and Carl Crawford hitting in front of Miguel Cabrera would make any Tigers fan cream their jeans. That OF defense would make them cream again. Something good needs to happen in Detroit for a change. They still need pitching and this offseason has a weak group of them.

MLB ERA

I'd love to see the Mets find a way to trade Beltran for something meaningful, get out of his $18 million this year, and sign Crawford, put him in RF, Pagan in CF, and Bay in LF. But, I'm well aware that that won't happen.

He'll probably end up with the Angels, considering that the Yankees will be focusing on Cliff Lee.