Thread: Millwood an Oriole

MLB ERA

Orioles Millwood an Oriole

The Rangers send Kevin Millwood and $3 million cash money to Baltimore for reliever Chris Ray and PTBNL.

NBC Sports - Baseball - Circling the Bases

Re: Millwood an Oriole

As an Oriole fan, I like this deal. For this season, it gives the Orioles a guy who can match up well against any team- he's not a true ace when compared to someone like Halladay, but he's a good one for the Orioles. He's going to eat a lot of innings along with Guthrie, and be a good mentor to the young pitchers. For the price of Chris Ray, I am not going to complain.

That being said, the acquisition of Millwood does not mean the Orioles will rule out someone like Bedard. On the contrary, I believe that this increases the Orioles chances, because they can feel confident in taking the risk on him, knowing that Bedard wasn't their only option to upgrade the rotation. We will have to see in the next month or so, but I really think Bedard will be back with the Orioles.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He eats innings all right, along with a lot of other junk. He had to be told by Team President Nolan Ryan to get in shape. That's not exactly setting an example as a mentor. That being said, there's not much to complain about getting a workhorse starter in exchange for damaged goods.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Whats up Thomas?

You really think the O's are still on board for mre pitching? They have had one hell of an offseason already. More?