Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3-Way Trade: Yankees, Tigers and D'Backs

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 3-Way Trade: Yankees, Tigers and D'Backs

The Yankees didn't get anything from Arizona for Kennedy, so it only makes sense that the Yankees included Kennedy as partial payment to the Tigers for Granderson. The Tigers next turned Kennedy around with Edwin Jackson to Arizona for Scherzer and Schlereth.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    loving this deal. granderson was killed by comerica, but was very good on the road. austin jackson, in his peak in his prime, is hopefully granderson (personally, i see him with less power, more contact, lesser eye, similar arm and fielding, slight upgrade in speed.) all of that is wonderful...

curtis granderson is a charismatic face. is a guy who can withstand the pressures of new york, and has the charisma, and is a clubhouse guy, to even be a leader in a clubhouse that has jeter, posada, mariano and (hopefully) pettitte.

coke was a solid but inconsistent lefty, and i actually do see a fairly decent season in arizona for kennedy. i personally love this deal for all 3 sides... detroit wanted to get younger and cheaper, and got that well with scherzer, jackson and coke. arizona getting jackson and kennedy is very nice for their rotation this season, though trading scherzer mightve been a bit premature.

oh and to the point of his being a pull lefty... 25 of his 30 homers were to rightfield. 20 of those homers were on the road... so if you weigh the difference between yankee stadium and comerica... i dont think 40 homers is out of the realm of possibility (an upgrade of 10 homers in comerica, to 20 in yankee stadium). of course, i dont expect that or assume that... im just saying its not unreasonable.

and yea he sucks vs lefties... meh, drop him to 8th, bump swisher to 2nd vs lefties. paul o neill sucked vs lefties before he came here too.
    was i the only one who was even close to being right? man, jack daniels is like steroids for the brain.

and yea, granderson is our union rep

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    The Yankees didn't get anything from Arizona for Kennedy, so it only makes sense that the Yankees included Kennedy as partial payment to the Tigers for Granderson. The Tigers next turned Kennedy around with Edwin Jackson to Arizona for Scherzer and Schlereth.
    That may be how it's officially recorded or submitted but I'm pretty sure all 3 GM's discussed the deal before agreeing, meaning nothing happens if Kennedy doesn't go to Arizona.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

All three GM's had to sign off on the deal or else it wouldn't have happened. Tigers are still winners just as everyone else in the deal is.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    If I'm the Yanks, I feel good that all I traded away was AJax.If I'm the Tigers, I'm glad I got a ton back for a declining CF.If I'm the D'backs, I'd be packing my shit right now and leaving town.
    Turns out, Saber isn't a complete prophet

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    That may be how it's officially recorded or submitted but I'm pretty sure all 3 GM's discussed the deal before agreeing, meaning nothing happens if Kennedy doesn't go to Arizona.
    The point is Kennedy was a credit that Detroit used to cover a shortfall in value (or so they thought) to get Scherzer.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 10-01-2011 at 02:13 AM.

MLB ERA
    The point is Kennedy was a credit that Detroit used to cover a shortfall in value (or so they thought) to get Scherzer.
    But it was the Yankees who gave him up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

But the Yankees got nothing back from Arizona, meaning Kennedy was a debit owed to Detroit for Granderson.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123