Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3-Way Trade: Yankees, Tigers and D'Backs

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Possible 3 way trade in the works

Nice little rotation the snakes have going on too.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 3-Way Trade Happens

Granderson didn't even hit .200 against lefties. Good thing there's no decent lefties in the AL.

Oh wait.

I still like this better than the idea of Mike Cameron/Bob Gardner combo. They should probably keep Damon or Matsui (or get someone else) do to Granderson's very noticeable deficiencies against LHP. Just sayin'
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    We can still sign Cameron too you know. Just saying. Grandma in left, Cameron in center. Melky fills in against LHP for Grandma.

I like the deal, Jackson, while kinda young, still hasn't developed power and his plate discipline is iffy, I really think Grandma would have been his ceiling and never got the love for him.

Losing Coke who gave up a homer like every pitch is fine, Bruney is meh. I think Cash fills from the inside, still have Dunn and Melancon, not to mention a ton of others. With Mo and Robertson and to an extent a healthy Marte and even Aceves, I'm not worried.

Kennedy is meh, not sad to see him go with McAllister almost ready, and Nova seemingly righting the ship. Plus? We always have Kei Igawa.

What?
    You are the Empire. Cameron is a sign of "settling" for garbage. The yankees making payroll cuts, is like Donald Trump cutting down on being in the media. BSSSSSSSSS. Yankees will buy something nice, or trade, or basically force someone like Arizona to pay for a trade. It'll happen, you watch.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Nice little rotation the snakes have going on too.
    Danny Haren, ace, Cy Young potential if he had offense
    Edwin Jackson, good stuff but he's been dealt 3 times before the age of 27
    Brandon Webb, former Cy Young coming off major surgery
    Ian Kennedy, one of the most overrated prospects in recent memory that bombed so bad that the likes of Sidney Ponson, Dan Geise, and Sergio Mitre received opportunities in the rotation

That's very beatable outside of Haren.
    Ted

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think B Webb bounces back big time. They may have made a mistake dropping Scherzer, but they think he is a bullpen guy. Jackson is a bit older, but a bit more polished than Scherzer at this point. Yet, you are right, his intangibles may be a problem.

I also read a rumor that they were looking at Harang. I guess that is out of the window after this deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Danny Haren, ace, Cy Young potential if he had offense
    Edwin Jackson, good stuff but he's been dealt 3 times before the age of 27
    Brandon Webb, former Cy Young coming off major surgery
    Ian Kennedy, one of the most overrated prospects in recent memory that bombed so bad that the likes of Sidney Ponson, Dan Geise, and Sergio Mitre received opportunities in the rotation

That's very beatable outside of Haren.
    with all due respect to Kennedy, sure he got his spot taken by Snacks Pontoon, but he was also injured as was Hughes IIRC that year. Suckiness and injury combined is a tall task to overcome.

I'm not much worried about it, he can get his days off against the tough lefties. Sure in the playoffs, or late inning situations it might be an issue, but meh. They do need to get a RHH caddy for him though. Someone strong on D too.

Someone who is friends with CC too maybe? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    You are the Empire. Cameron is a sign of "settling" for garbage. The yankees making payroll cuts, is like Donald Trump cutting down on being in the media. BSSSSSSSSS. Yankees will buy something nice, or trade, or basically force someone like Arizona to pay for a trade. It'll happen, you watch.
    He's not garbage, damn it. He's not so great, but he's good enough, and imagine both him and Grandma out there? That D would be sick.

That said, if the plan is to simply move Melky to LF, or Grandma to LF, which I doubt, but if it is, I'm not pleased. They still need at least one more bat, even if it's Cameron's LHP killing bat.

There's still a lot Cash will do I believe. Just don't ask me what for sure.

+1

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 3-Way Trade: Yankees, Tigers and D'Backs

The good news for fans of Granderson is that Comerica and home cooking did not set right with him last season (.695 OPS at home, .861 OPS away including 20 of his 30 homeruns.... a fact that might play nicely in the new Yankee stadium.)

Oh and the threads are merged. Good suggestion Impossibles.

Add in the fact he's a pull lefty in NYS? That could be huge.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

loving this deal. granderson was killed by comerica, but was very good on the road. austin jackson, in his peak in his prime, is hopefully granderson (personally, i see him with less power, more contact, lesser eye, similar arm and fielding, slight upgrade in speed.) all of that is wonderful...

curtis granderson is a charismatic face. is a guy who can withstand the pressures of new york, and has the charisma, and is a clubhouse guy, to even be a leader in a clubhouse that has jeter, posada, mariano and (hopefully) pettitte.

coke was a solid but inconsistent lefty, and i actually do see a fairly decent season in arizona for kennedy. i personally love this deal for all 3 sides... detroit wanted to get younger and cheaper, and got that well with scherzer, jackson and coke. arizona getting jackson and kennedy is very nice for their rotation this season, though trading scherzer mightve been a bit premature.

oh and to the point of his being a pull lefty... 25 of his 30 homers were to rightfield. 20 of those homers were on the road... so if you weigh the difference between yankee stadium and comerica... i dont think 40 homers is out of the realm of possibility (an upgrade of 10 homers in comerica, to 20 in yankee stadium). of course, i dont expect that or assume that... im just saying its not unreasonable.

and yea he sucks vs lefties... meh, drop him to 8th, bump swisher to 2nd vs lefties. paul o neill sucked vs lefties before he came here too.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

What a trade this turned out to be!! It has benefited three teams in the playoffs this year. Don't forget Jackson was traded for Daniel Hudson. Amazing how good things turn out sometimes!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Got to declare the Tigers as losers in this trade. All they got for Granderson was Austin Jackson and Phil Coke, and while trading Edwin Jackson for Max Scherzer was good, throwing in Ian Kennedy was not.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It was a three way trade. Tigers got Austin Jackson, Coke AND Scherzer. Tigers didn't trade away Kennedy so I don't know where you're getting this from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast