Thread: Rays reportedly interested in Lindstrom

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Marlins Rays reportedly interested in Lindstrom

From MLB.com's Joe Frisaro on twitter:

The Rays are exploring interest in Matt Lindstrom, arb eligible for the first time.

He has been dealing with a recent injury bug, but is still a valued commodity nonetheless. The guy throw 96 mph heat with a nasty slider. He is apt for the groundball, yet has a horrible BABIP against (.332) in his career. Perhaps that has something to do with defense behind him. Only 4 teams had worse fielding pct. than the Fish in 2009.

Maybe Lindstrom would welcome a trade in that sense? But why would the Marlins want to trade him? He is arbitration eligible and would be under control for the next three years.

Marlins are a hard team to figure, but going cheap has been a matter of fact for them in my opinion. I don't see them trading Lindstrom without a nice haul in return.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rays reportedly interested in Lindstrom

The rumor only states the Rays are interested. No word on whether the Marlins are entertaining offers. I don't believe they are worried about giving a raise to Lindstrom, whose actual stats aren't going help his case in arbitration.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Rays reportedly interested in Lindstrom

Agreed man, thats why I just can't see this happening. I mean, why the heck would the Marlins want to deal him? I am sure they have never said they were interested in doing so. But if the crocodile hunter killers are looking for something, it wouldn't hurt the fish to make the dialogue.