Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumer: Sheffield to Marlins; Burnett and Encarnacion to Yankees

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    That's why they need to try to resign him now. A near 9.0 for K/9 and still a young pitcher to boot. He has great velocity and filthy stuff and the Marlins are set up to compete now. As much as it pains me to say this as a Philly fan, the Marlins need to do their all to keep this guy now that he is finally healthy.

I agree with you. I don't see Marlins forking up the money for Burnett to be happy. Closer we get to deadline, the more chance of Burnett to be traded unless he gets an extension from the Marlins.

Rookie ERA
    A.J. Burnett is a dominant pitcher, and the Marlins would never trade him to the Yankees. Encarnacion is the contact hitter, and the speed demon on the Marlins. The Marlin would be ruined without Burnett and Encarnacion

Gary Sheffield is the Yankees power hitter, and the Yankees didn't want to trade him at all to the Mets. So what makes you think the Yankees want to trade him to the Marlins?

The bottom line is that this deal will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballFanatic
    A.J. Burnett is a dominant pitcher, and the Marlins would never trade him to the Yankees. Encarnacion is the contact hitter, and speed demon on thier team.

Gary Sheffield is the Yankees power hitter, and the Yankees didn't want to trade him at all to the Mets, what makes you think the Yankees want to trade him to the Marlins?

The bottom line is that this deal will never happen.
    Strong words with no basis. The reason Yanks won't trade Sheff is because Mets were only offering Cameron, IIRC. That's really not enough in return for the Yanks to be happy with the trade.

As for Burnett to the Yanks, it's possible. I see no reason why the Marlins wouldn't trade with the Yanks if Yanks provided enough in return for Burnett.

MLB ERA
    This would be a terrible trade for the Marlins. Encarnacion is one of the few Marlins who is contributing right now on offense, sure Sheffield brings a bit more power than Juan, but he is also a lot older. I wouldn't send Burnett to the Yanks straight up for Sheff, throwing Encarnacion in only makes it worse. But I also think the Marlins have no intentions of re-signing Burnett considering that they will have to dish out big extensions to Beckett, Willis, and Cabrera soon, since those guys, not Burnett are the face of the franchise. It is a different strategy with the Marlins, it does not matter if Burnett is a better pitcher than Beckett, Beckett is the guy who is going to keep the fair-weathered fans in Miami interested.

Re: Rumer: Sheffield to Marlins; Burnett and Encarnacion to Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by the philly fanatic View Post
    burnett is better than beckett and i will fight anyone to the death if they disagree.
    lol.
    Well, in a sense, you could say that I am the boss.

MLB ERA

Welcome back Mofo!
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Rookie ERA

Yeah that wasn't obvious or anything.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Beckett or Burnett? Where's the why not neither smilie?

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12