Thread: Some on 2003 List Didn't Use Steroids?

MLB ERA

MLB Some on 2003 List Didn't Use Steroids?

The MLBPA says that some on the 2003 list were "false positives". Here is a story: MLB, union: Some on '03 list didn't test positive - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN
    In any medical test, some results will be initially wrong. Further testing is warranted. Were further tests done on the players whose names are on the list?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Re: Some on 2003 List Didn't Use Steroids?

I'm sticking my fingers in my ears.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

The other thing that was mentioned today was that it was 104 positive tests....not 104 different players.

MLB ERA

Yawn.

Just opens up the door for more opportunities for fat **** roiders like Ortiz to play coy when they come up positive, and pretend they didn't know what they were taking all along.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

1) the government list is not for steroids... its for performance enhancing drugs, many of which were LEGAL in MLB at the time, so to just lump them in

2) Also there were only 83 max players and the government has a list of 104... thats at least 21 innocent players on the list we are talking about a false positive of about 18%
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    2) Also there were only 83 max players and the government has a list of 104... thats at least 21 innocent players on the list we are talking about a false positive of about 18%
    Incorrect. The government has a list of 104 POSITIVE TESTS. For all we know, 21 players tested positive TWICE...

MLB ERA

No sorry you are wrong:

Weiner added that 83 tests had come back positive in 2003, crossing the threshold that led to punitive testing.

"I want to emphasize that 83 is the number of test results, not the number of players," Weiner said. "In 2003, some players were tested more than once, so it is entirely possible that the number of players testing positive was far lower than 83."

The number 96, used by MLB in its release, was the outer limits of the test results that could have come back positive, Weiner said.

“First, the number of players on the so-called “government list” meaningfully exceeds the number of players agreed by the bargaining parties to have tested positive in 2003. Accordingly, the presence of a player’s name on any such list does not necessarily mean that the player used a prohibited substance or that the player tested positive under our collectively bargained program.

“Second, substantial scientific questions exist as to the interpretation of some of the 2003 test results. The more definitive methods that are utilized by the lab that administers the current Drug Agreement were not utilized by the lab responsible for the anonymous testing program in 2003. The collective bargaining parties did not pursue definitive answers regarding these inconclusive results, since those answers were unnecessary to the administration of the 2003 program.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    No sorry you are wrong:

Weiner added that 83 tests had come back positive in 2003, crossing the threshold that led to punitive testing.

"I want to emphasize that 83 is the number of test results, not the number of players," Weiner said. "In 2003, some players were tested more than once, so it is entirely possible that the number of players testing positive was far lower than 83."

The number 96, used by MLB in its release, was the outer limits of the test results that could have come back positive, Weiner said.

“First, the number of players on the so-called “government list” meaningfully exceeds the number of players agreed by the bargaining parties to have tested positive in 2003. Accordingly, the presence of a player’s name on any such list does not necessarily mean that the player used a prohibited substance or that the player tested positive under our collectively bargained program.

“Second, substantial scientific questions exist as to the interpretation of some of the 2003 test results. The more definitive methods that are utilized by the lab that administers the current Drug Agreement were not utilized by the lab responsible for the anonymous testing program in 2003. The collective bargaining parties did not pursue definitive answers regarding these inconclusive results, since those answers were unnecessary to the administration of the 2003 program.

That's not what I had been made to believe, but I didn't get to see the whole press conference.

As far as I understood it was 104(or 96) results, and 83 players. If I'm wrong, fine.

MLB ERA

Gotta love ignorant folks who love to jump to conclusions, based on assumptions made from the media.

You're right, I love myself.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Yep, your the same person who thinks Jeter is better than A-Rod, so go figure.