Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RUMOR] Sheff to Mets, Cam to NYY

MLB ERA

[RUMOR] Sheff to Mets, Cam to NYY

Per NYPOST

http://www.nypost.com/sports/sports.shtml

(you gotta sign up to read the rest of the article but its legit)
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    another article:

clicky
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

AAA ERA
    I think I'd do it, I don't wnat to lose Sheff especially this year but we'd get a good defensive OF w/ some pop and a good prospect while savign some money and getting younger. We'd still be able to compete this year and get better for the future.

In addition to the Mets, the Cubs, Rangers, Indians, Braves and Blue Jays all need corner outfield help. Texas has definite interest in Sheffield and has a young center fielder in Laynce Nix to build a package around.

Good Lord, what is it about NY papers that they have to drag us into every rumormill. Nix plays Centerfield, we need a centerfielder, not a RF....well, we do need a RF but we can easily put Nix there where he's a better fit than keep him at Center and put Sheff there.

If anything I'd offer Nix to the Mets for Cameron and see if they bite. I'd be willing to throw in some prospects as well.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I am sure Sheff has a no trade clause.

This is preposterous.

According to the Bergen Record, the Yankees and Mets have ''a tentative deal'' in place that would swap Gary Sheffield for Mike Cameron and Miguel Cairo.
    Well, that would help the Mets. The Record reports that the Mets are awaiting a formal offer from the Yankees, who are also interested in Oakland center fielder Mark Kotsay. As much as the Yankees could use Cameron's glove in center, any deal that results in the loss of Sheffield probably isn't the answer.

I love Cameron, but we cannot lose Sheff.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Where would Cairo play? Just be another bench player? I don't like that deal, if we can get one of the Mets good prospects w/ that then I like it but just for Cam and Cairo doesn't make sense to me.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Miguel Cairo? They have one of those already. They need to get Doug M. or a pitcher. So if Sheff leaves, and that's a big if, who plays RF?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Miguel Cairo? They have one of those already. They need to get Doug M. or a pitcher. So if Sheff leaves, and that's a big if, who plays RF?

They need OFs and any pitching. You cant rely on having Tony Womack at CF. and it Sheff leaves whos will play there?!?!?!? Cairo?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor
    In addition to the Mets, the Cubs, Rangers, Indians, Braves and Blue Jays all need corner outfield help. Texas has definite interest in Sheffield and has a young center fielder in Laynce Nix to build a package around.

Good Lord, what is it about NY papers that they have to drag us into every rumormill. Nix plays Centerfield, we need a centerfielder, not a RF....well, we do need a RF but we can easily put Nix there where he's a better fit than keep him at Center and put Sheff there.

If anything I'd offer Nix to the Mets for Cameron and see if they bite. I'd be willing to throw in some prospects as well.
    stupid NY paper
    Blue Jays need corner OF help, thats news to me considering they had 4 good OFers (while not outstanding players) spilting time in LF and RF
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I just can't see them trading Sheffield...they made a big deal about going out and getting him and he's done well for them...I can't see them getting something better than him right now...i.e. I think getting rid of him would either be a wash or even a slight downgrade for them.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I knew the Yankees missed having Egypt at 2B.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AA ERA
    I doubt this trade will happen now. Normally, trades are made when it's not rumored. Second, Sheff has made it clear that he is not going to play for the Mets or for any other team if he is traded. Besides it does not make sense for the Mets. I guess it makes sense for the Yankees because they can improve their defense with Cameron and they can free up money, but it would not make sense for the Mets. Sheff is a problem child and I am not sure what he can do for the Mets besides hitting HRs. I think what Cameron can give the Mets is fine as it is. Cameron plays great defense and he has had a good year offensively. He has come into his own with the Mets.
    Mets offense is fine as it is. What the Mets need is to improve that bullpen. Outside of Roberto Hernandez and Braden Looper, who else is reliable in the pen. Heilman is alright, but nothing special. Royce Ring stinks.

Braden Looper is reliable? That's news to me.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    No one is reliable in that bullpen. I expect the Mets to get a first baseman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast