Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sosa Tested Positive In 2003

MLB ERA

MLB Sosa Tested Positive In 2003

Sammy Sosa, who joined with Mark McGwire in 1998 in a celebrated pursuit of baseball’s single-season home run record, is among the players who tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug in 2003, according to lawyers with knowledge of the drug-testing results from that year.

Sosa, who is sixth on Major League Baseball’s career home run list and last played in 2007, had long been suspected of using performance-enhancing drugs but until now had never been publicly linked to a positive test.

In a recent interview with ESPN Deportes, Sosa, 40, said he would “calmly wait” for his induction into baseball’s Hall of Fame, for which he will become eligible for induction in 2013. But his 2003 positive test, when he played for the Chicago Cubs, may seriously damage his chances of gaining entry to the Hall, a fate encountered by McGwire, who has attracted relatively little support from voters in his first three years on the ballot.

The 2003 positive test could also create legal troubles for Sosa because he testified under oath before Congress at a public hearing in 2005 that he had “never taken illegal performance-enhancing drugs.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/sp...r=1&ref=sports

Not that big of a surprise. You guys think he will still get into the HOF?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Sosa Tested Positive In 2003

Release the whole ****ing list. Stop with the selective BS. Release the god damn list. Then bury it and move on.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This interview is over, motherf---er! Over, motherf---er!

MLB ERA

Amazing how this comes out in 2009, a positive test from 2003! Lets see how credible this really is or isn't

MLB ERA

eeeeeets sooooo real

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

And no chance he gets into the HOF. I loved Sammy, he was always my favorite player since a very young age, before he was on roids if I had to guess. But like Bonds, he was a natural athelete who decided to **** his body up when his ego got too big. It's a shame too, because he had natural power and speed and probably didn't need them as much as some others did.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    eeeeeets sooooo real
    Ha, that's the only thing people will remember from the High Heat franchise.

His interview with Rick Reilly had guilty written all over it. I don't believe for a second that he was panicking about getting into trouble with the player's union.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

just cant get concerned about it. Didnt care when it was Barry, didnt care when it was Alex, didnt care when it was Manny, dont care now.

Baseball is meant to entertain me. Him and big mac provided plenty of that in '98
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

File this under the category of "No Shit."
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    just cant get concerned about it. Didnt care when it was Barry, didnt care when it was Alex, didnt care when it was Manny, dont care now.

Baseball is meant to entertain me. Him and big mac provided plenty of that in '98
    that 2nd line is so true, because for as much as its disheartening that this is even going on, the home run chases bonds, sosa, mcgwire etc. all provided did wonders for ratings... and baseball might be in a worse place if not for all of it.

mlb needs to let loose everything they know, and hope others just come clean too.. these leaks are just making things worse.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/17/sp...r=1&ref=sports

Not that big of a surprise. You guys think he will still get into the HOF?
    I have a bit of trouble putting anyone from this era into the hall. Either you let them all in -- Pamiero, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Clemens, A'Rod -- or you don't let any of them in. Perhaps we create a new area of the hall specifically for offenders?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Not a horrible idea. Something like that or a star next to their names, if you let them in to begin with.

I just don't believe anyone who has tested positive is going to have an easy time getting into the Hall. Especially when you look at some old timers who haven't even gotten in.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

None of them should get in, especially Bonds. What a crack head. Just the way he presents himself is enough for me not to vote for him.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You mean juice head, not crack head. Crack's a hell of a drug, but it doesn't help you hit home runs.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    None of them should get in, especially Bonds. What a crack head. Just the way he presents himself is enough for me not to vote for him.
    Then you should look at over half of the fags in the HOF who "present themselves" who should not be in the HOF, using your half ass logic.

Ruth- Womenizer
    Cobb- Racist POS

Just some examples the way they "present themselves"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast