Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas to trade Soriano for pitching?

MLB ERA
    Juan Uribe had better rate production than Alfonso Soriano in 2004.

Rate of production? Enlighten me.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    And now Uribe is a SS. Again any team would love his production.

Rookie ERA
    Reefer sure they would love his production, but at the same time they need pitching to establish themselves as one of the dominate teams in the league. I mean trading him to say the white sox would be optimal for them. They could get at least one of their MLB ready pitchers and maybe a couple prospects...doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

I almost wish the Yankees had a minor league system but he is not that essential.

He has a dynamic bat but is still a poor fielder. I can't see Texas getting a whole lot for him. Starting pitching is a commodity.

Wow, I didn't realize how close Soriano and Uribe were. Uribe had slightly more power, they were similar in getting on-base (whether by hitting or walking and hitting), Soriano stole at a better rate. One figures, if Uribe had the 650 or so PA Soriano had, they'd have similar value in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by RLA68
    He has a dynamic bat but is still a poor fielder. I can't see Texas getting a whole lot for him. Starting pitching is a commodity.
    Agree - Soriano was part of the hype machine that seems to happen with NY guys, while he does make nice plays problem is he's not 100%, swings too often and is still hampered by a hamstring problem, one that occured last September...??? His trade value sucks right now, if we trade him we're getting nothing back in return.

And I don't see Young going back to 2nd, whose going to play SS, Ian Kinsler??? Dude doesn't have the arm for SS in the majors, I'd rather have him at 2nd. But of course Buck loves Arias and wouldn't think twice of bouncing him up, after all - he and Hart came this close to trading Kinsler to Colorado for Walker.

And in 100 different languages, no to Zito. Dudes been figured out and has nothing going for him except for that great curveball, teams have figured out to sit on the curve and smash his average fastball/change, especially now he struggles to place it.

MLB ERA
    Glad you found your way over here Taylor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Soriano could get you 3 Kris Benson's. Is that a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Soriano could get you 3 Kris Benson's. Is that a good thing?
    I wish. Soriano right now couldn't even get us one AAA Benson

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard
    Glad you found your way over here Taylor.
    I concur.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12