Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teixeira signing imminent?

MLB ERA

Forecast Teixeira signing imminent?

From mlbtraderumors.com

"10:55am: Chico Harlan of the Washington Post talked to a Nationals spokesman who is not aware of any plans for an announcement today regarding Teixeira.
    10:28am: Buster Olney and Peter Gammons say Teixeira's decision is "seemingly imminent." The journalists say the Orioles' negotiations for Tex "appear dormant." They suggest the Yankees are lurking in case Boras offers Teixeira to them at a discount (or perhaps just to drive up the price for Boston).
    10:20am: According to Thom Loverro of the Washington Times, "there will be an announcement today regarding the future of free agent first baseman Mark Teixeira." Loverro says there are strong indications the Red Sox will be the victor, though it's unclear whether those indications are based on inside information."

Looks like the Red Sox will get him unless another team hopped on really really late.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Re: Teixeira signing imminent?

I hope the O's talks are indeed dormant.. good player, but IMHO not a 20MIL player.. and a 20MIL paycheck for a non-20MIL player is not what the rebuilding O's need... they should worry about keeping Roberts & Markakis as fan favorites.. coach the shit out of future pitching.. sign some older vets at SP for a discounted price to help bring along any youngsters... and ride the bottom, trading away hot players at the deadline for more spects, build via the draft.. and hopefully start contending in 2-3 years
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

If a guaranteed .290, 35, 115 guy with spectacular fielding skills, average speed, young, and a good clubhouse presence isn't worth 20 million, who is?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

ESPN is reporting it is between the Nationals and Red Sox. I am hoping for the Nationals.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    I hope the O's talks are indeed dormant.. good player, but IMHO not a 20MIL player.. and a 20MIL paycheck for a non-20MIL player is not what the rebuilding O's need... they should worry about keeping Roberts & Markakis as fan favorites.. coach the shit out of future pitching.. sign some older vets at SP for a discounted price to help bring along any youngsters... and ride the bottom, trading away hot players at the deadline for more spects, build via the draft.. and hopefully start contending in 2-3 years
    I totally disagree with this post. Don't you think Roberts and Markakis would be more likely to re-sign with Tex on the team for the next 8-10 years? If Roberts wanted to stay an Oriole, I think he would have signed already. He all but said... trade me last off-season and/or deadline. Baltimore needs a sign that ownership is committed to winning. They need to sign Teixeira for whatever the market dictates. Placing $$ value on players by comparison to others is flawed. Is ARod worth 30 million? Is Sabathia worth what he got? This is not an OOTP or Fantasy baseball decision. Angelos NEEDS to sign Tex for a plethora of reasons.

I am just afraid that he won't.

MLB ERA

Looks like its the Yankees...ESPN - Source: Mark Teixeira, New York Yankees agree to 8-year deal

This surprises me a lot, I thought theyd keep the money and go after Mauer but this does solve a hole they had, but I'm not sure what they are going to do about the bullpen and outfield still, along with the back end of the rotation.
    MSLSeattle0001

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

well, the yankees come in at the last moment and take the sweepstakes.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

One thing about your last post CJ, there is no such thing as needing to save money for another player!!! They can afford anyone!!

AA ERA

I'm done with baseball... Period!
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

Maybe the Red Sox take a look at a Adam Dunn for a couple years til Lars is ready, he should be cheaper and can play 1B, and provide a ton of power
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

I had a feeling this would happen. When was the last time the YANKEES werent discussed in a major free agent, even if he signed else where. They kept close to the vest like a good poker player, still cant stand that um jerk Steinbrenner and among those that say MLB needs to take a lead from NFL but thats for another day.

Looks like the Yanks are setting themselves up for another year of mercanary team that falls flat.

Needless to say how old are those kids that have never seen a Yanks championship now?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AA ERA

I've agreed with the way Boston has handled everything up to this point. I understand the Red Sox don't hand out no trade clauses, but spending an extra $10 million for a franchise such as Boston is not much at all. If Boston believes that allowing the Yankees to consistently steal their thunder isn't going to catch up to them, their sadly mistaken.

And I don't want Dunn, period. About the only thing I can remotely get excited about is thought that Lars Anderson reaches his potential.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    Maybe the Red Sox take a look at a Adam Dunn for a couple years til Lars is ready, he should be cheaper and can play 1B, and provide a ton of power
    You'll have to have the safety inspector in RF every game as he beans the upper deck daily. Honestly Id rather Dunn sign in the AL so he cant burn the Reds for the next few years. Anywhere but Chitown.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Red Sox once again make the Yankees overpay Silly little rivalry! Saux didn't need him but yet drove the price up anyway. I was hoping for the Nats to get him but in the back of my mind wanting the Saux to get him so the Giants could get Mike Lowell for peanuts. Oh well, Yankees still have holes to fill by Opening Day. Rays are still the team to beat and their offseason isn't over yet, its hardly begun.

MLB ERA

I mean its close between the Sox, Yanks and Rays but by opening day I could see myself saying the Yankees will finish 3rd again or the Red Sox if they don't do work.
    MSLSeattle0001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast