Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manny the Yankee

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Manny the Yankee

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    So the Yankees grabbed a new slugger and it isn't Manny. It's all on the Dodgers unless the Mets want to play the same game as the Yankees. If the latter happens, I'm done with baseball.
    Done with baseball...aw, boohoo

I love the clamoring every offseason about payroll. It's bad for baseball!!! Other teams won't have a chance to compete!!! (even though 12 teams in the last 7 years have made the world series...even though the rays and marlins have made world series...even though since 2000 only the red sox have won 2)
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Setup a system like the NFL full revenue sharing build a floor and a ceiling on how much must be spent on field products, AKA Bud be an ass toward every team like you are the fans. Thats why NFL is kicking MLB's butt theres legitimate parody and every headline isnt about 3 or 4 teams signing a huge free agent stud(NY, Boston, or LA teams). You would think teams would want to hold on to guys like Jake "Cy Young" Peavy not trade him away because they cant afford him. How is that good for baseball?
    I am so tired of the NFL has parody bullshit. Baseball has just as much parody if not more. Parody in the coverage is needed for baseball. The NFL is about to have an 0-16 team!! Where is the parody? Baseball numbers are going up and up. The NFL is kicking MLB's ass because of marketing!!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I am so tired of the NFL has parity bullshit. Baseball has just as much parody if not more. Parody in the coverage is needed for baseball. The NFL is about to have an 0-16 team!! Where is the parody? Baseball numbers are going up and up. The NFL is kicking MLB's ass because of marketing!!
    Baseball has the same 7 teams and then some feel good stories every year. Yanks, BoSox, Mets, Angels, Cubs/Cards, Philly and then the good front office teams like Oakland/Minnesota. Atlanta use to be in the conversation but they havent turned the corner since having to break up the big 3. Meanwhile the rest of baseball have hopes early and then realize a month in they dont stand a chance.

Detroit is that bad because they had a moron for a GM assembling it. Matt Millen had as much business being a gm as my 2 yr old niece does. Just look at Miami, and previous years teams like Baltimore, Carolina, etc who come from no where to do something. Meanwhile for every Tampa Bay story you have 5 Cincinnati Reds. Bud could do a lot of good if he'd just be more of an ass to the owners from Steinbrenner all the way down to whats his name in Miami but he refuses. Until baseball gets a grip on itself it will always be 2nd best.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its not because of parody though!! Its all about marketing and the way this country shifted! NFL teams only play one game a week and so they can put all their effort into marketing that one game. Where is baseball's equivalent to Monday Night Football? Sunday Night Baseball? That's awful! And baseball has way more parody in the playoffs than the NFL. NFL has more playoff spots but its the same teams in the playoffs almost every year so your point is invalid. Last year in MLB, it was the Rays, Saux, White Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Cubs, Phillies and Brewers. Four of those teams were not in the playoffs the year before. I can go year by year if you'd like to show real parody. A salary cap is not an answer here especially when the top spending teams don't always win the championships.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I am so tired of the NFL has parody bullshit. Baseball has just as much parody if not more. Parody in the coverage is needed for baseball. The NFL is about to have an 0-16 team!! Where is the parody? Baseball numbers are going up and up. The NFL is kicking MLB's ass because of marketing!!
    The Lions are the greatest example of parody in any of the 4 major sports leagues ever. The fact that they're about to go 0-16 shows they're the greatest parody of a football team ever. I think both you and Slyder meant to use the word parity, as in equality, rather than parody, as in a humorous or satirical imitation.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
    The Lions are the greatest example of parody in any of the 4 major sports leagues ever. The fact that they're about to go 0-16 shows they're the greatest parody of a football team ever. I think both you and Slyder meant to use the word parity, as in equality, rather than parody, as in a humorous or satirical imitation.
    100% correct Dam!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123