Thread: A Message From Krod's Agent

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Angels A Message From Krod's Agent

Paul Kinzer, the agent of Francisco Rodriguez, said Saturday that his client's fastball can still hit 96-97 mph, but that he feels more comfortable throwing it around 92-93.
    That supposed dip in velocity has many teams, including the Mets, questioning K-Rod's value. "The velocity is there when he needs to reach back for it," said Kinzer. "He says he has a better feel for his change-up when he's not overthrowing his fastball, and his change-up has become a big part of his arsenal." According to a source, if Rodriguez would be willing to take a three-year, $39 million deal, the Mets would pounce right away. For now, the 26-year-old is thought to be searching for around five years, $75 million.
    I am torn on this one. What his agent says makes sense but Krod's control has not improved but worsened. If he can reach back and hit 96-97 mph when he needs to, why isn't he putting even more guys away? Maybe a good pitching can get with him and get him back on track. The absence of Bud Black might have had an affect on Krod. Krod is worth the money but not past three years.

MLB ERA

Re: A Message From Krod's Agent

It's a terrible rationale from his agent. I mean, he argues that K-rod chooses to throw a softer fastball, and then the best rationale is that it improves his changeup. SUUURE...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: A Message From Krod's Agent

It does make sense and a lot of pitchers have done it before which leaves me to be torn on the subject. Its all about the grip of the changeup. I just don't see why he wouldn't just gear up a lot more often. His agent is citing a game in August where Krod threw three straight fastballs to strike a guy out all while throwing 96 mph+. After the game, he laughed with his agent saying he could still throw that hard.