Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Interested In Cameron

MLB ERA

Re: Yankees Interested In Cameron

I agree. The outfield does not strike fear into anyoe with Cabrera in right and Gardner in center. They will do the job, but not be all stars.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Definitely not All Stars and are likely not to even be on a ballot. Yankees must get better in the OF.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Definitely not All Stars and are likely not to even be on a ballot. Yankees must get better in the OF.
    If they want to compete in the AL East, yes. I'd rank that outfield 5th in the division.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

That would be a very average OF both defensively and offensively, mostly offensively.
    Defensively that's an amazing OF

Do you watch the Yankees? Have you seen Brett Gardner making all his plays? Have you seen Melky make his?

As far as hitting, Damon can hit really well, and Gardner can hit in the clutch. As far as Melky, we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I agree. The outfield does not strike fear into anyoe with Cabrera in right and Gardner in center. They will do the job, but not be all stars.
    They could be Gold Glovers though.

Keep in mind I was a huge advocate of Bubba Crosby in CF and they went out and got Damon.
    Why? Why do they need to get better?
    If they want to compete in the AL East, yes. I'd rank that outfield 5th in the division.
    Why? That lineup is just like most lineups in the majors.

1. Damon (good)
    2. Jeter (very good)
    3. ARod (one of the best all time)
    4. Teixeira? If so, beast
    5. Matsui (good)
    6. Posada (very good)
    7. Cano (jury's out, could win a batting title)
    8. Melky (we'll see)
    9. Gardner (speed and clutch hitting)

noooooooooo cameron's ours! stay away!
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I could see this playing out much like Jacque Jones brief stint with the cubs. Oh, attractive power and defense but ultimately not a good hitter who the fans grow to hate and poof, on to his next team.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post

Do you watch the Yankees? Have you seen Brett Gardner making all his plays? Have you seen Melky make his?

As far as hitting, Damon can hit really well, and Gardner can hit in the clutch. As far as Melky, we'll see.

Keep in mind I was a huge advocate of Bubba Crosby in CF and they went out and got Damon.

1. Damon (good)
    2. Jeter (very good)
    5. Matsui (good)
    6. Posada (very good)
    8. Melky (we'll see)
    An assumption that Tex will sign with the Yankees? As Lee Corso says "Not so fast".

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

1. Damon (good)
    2. Jeter (very good)
    5. Matsui (good)
    6. Posada (very good)
    8. Melky (we'll see)
    To answer your questions, yes I watch the Yankees and yes I have seen Melky and Gardner play. They are quick and yes make the plays. Gold Glovers?? Hardly. Gardner can hit in the clutch but at no other time. He is a ways off from figuring out MLB pitching. He needs to learn how to work a count. Melky has been nothing but average at the plate. You saying you wanted to keep Bubba Crosby doesn;t help your case any. Why do they need to get better? Because the Yankees just missed the playoffs for the first time in over a decade, that's why! Brett Gardner and Melky Cabrera aren't the answers especially at the plate. I also love have everyone has forgotten Xavier Nady. He is better than Melky and Gardner!! Yankees need to go get a true CFer. Leaving in the hands of Gardner and Cabrera is a mistake in my opinion and had good reasons to think so.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I could see this playing out much like Jacque Jones brief stint with the cubs. Oh, attractive power and defense but ultimately not a good hitter who the fans grow to hate and poof, on to his next team.
    If they sign him, yes.
    An assumption that Tex will sign with the Yankees? As Lee Corso says "Not so fast".
    Why not? Money, Pride, Power...who's in our way?
    To answer your questions, yes I watch the Yankees and yes I have seen Melky and Gardner play. They are quick and yes make the plays.
    OK

Gold Glovers?? Hardly.
    Let me know where Melky ranks in OF assists in '07 full year and '08 part of the year.

BTW, look up range factors too.

Gardner can hit in the clutch but at no other time. He is a ways off from figuring out MLB pitching. He needs to learn how to work a count.
    After all the *****ing at ARod for demolishing normally and getting murdered in the clutch, that's a nice opinion.

Melky has been nothing but average at the plate. You saying you wanted to keep Bubba Crosby doesn;t help your case any. Why do they need to get better? Because the Yankees just missed the playoffs for the first time in over a decade, that's why! Brett Gardner and Melky Cabrera aren't the answers especially at the plate. I also love have everyone has forgotten Xavier Nady. He is better than Melky and Gardner!! Yankees need to go get a true CFer. Leaving in the hands of Gardner and Cabrera is a mistake in my opinion and had good reasons to think so.
    Whoa! So the Yankees need to make the playoffs every year?

Also, baseball isn't just about hitting, as the '08 Yankees prove. And never insult Bubba

Also I did forget Nady because all of my posts in this thread are under the influence

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's pride remaining after losing your division to that storied franchise Tampa Bay Rays? Whatever.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If they sign him, yes.

Why not? Money, Pride, Power...who's in our way?

OK

Let me know where Melky ranks in OF assists in '07 full year and '08 part of the year.

BTW, look up range factors too.

After all the *****ing at ARod for demolishing normally and getting murdered in the clutch, that's a nice opinion.

Whoa! So the Yankees need to make the playoffs every year?

Also, baseball isn't just about hitting, as the '08 Yankees prove. And never insult Bubba

Also I did forget Nady because all of my posts in this thread are under the influence
    Cabrera is not even close to being GG and its pointless arguing with someone who does. He is a 4th OFer who does have a good arm. Can't deny anything about his arm.

Yeah we ***** about Arod's hitting in the clutch but at least he hits .300 the other half of the time. Gardner cannot work a count and cannot get a walk. He has a lot more to learn about hitting MLB pitching and that's no opinion, its a fact.

When you have a payroll over $200 million, yes the Yankees need to make the playoffs every year. I find it funny that a fan of the richest team in baseball thinks they don't

Everyone knows baseball isn't just hitting especially me since I said the Yankees wouldn;t make the playoffs due to their pitching. Its about having a balanced team. Cabrera and Gardner are not balanced players yet. I really cannot see the love affair with Cabrera. They can do so much better.

MLB ERA

Melky had a 2.58 Range Factor, 7 Assists, .986 FP

Melky for his career is well above the lgFP, lgRF and he had 7 assists with only around 107 starts

So, yeah, it isn't far fetched to say he might be a Gold Glover

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Melky wasn't in the top ten in RF or fielding % this year so yes, it it far fetched.

MLB ERA

Melky wasn't in the top ten in RF or fielding % this year so yes, it it far fetched.
    Franceour won it last year with a .986 FP
    Beltran won one the year before with a league average FP

Adrian Beltre won it once with a .958 FP, tied for last among 3B

You think FP is all that determines Gold Gloves?

That's ignorant.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

HAHAHAH You are the one that brought up his fielding %, not me! I mentioned more than fielding % too! Stop while you're behind.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast