Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This just in: youth baseball leaguer too good!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: This just in: youth baseball leaguer too good!!!

I weep for the future. Parenting has really gone out the window. Too muck reliance on TV, toys and school to teach children instead of parents doing their job!!

MLB ERA

How is this kid going to learn the finer points of playing if they don't let him play? Maybe he could play against the next level of competition?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wonder if people banned Felix Hernandez when he was too good at that age.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Parents once again are teaching kids the wrong lessons. When the going gets tough, just quit? Since when do you not want to face the best? When I played baseball, basketball, and tennis in HS i wanted to face the best of the best. Granted you wont achieve your best most of the time but when you do it feels so much better. Even now as a member of the Notre Dame Bowling Team when we go to tournaments the 1st thing i do is look at the schedule and see if we are bowling against powerhouses Wichita State, Lindenwood, and Saginaw Valley State. Heading into those matches I know we'll lose by 300+ pins but the fact that I'm bowling against some of the top bowlers in the country makes me want to improve my own game, but being a quitter...

While we are at it lets make Phelps return his swimming medals cause he swims too fast, Tiger has to return all his majors cause hit he hits the ball to straight and accurate, and Bolt has to return his gold cause he ran too fast...

Feel free to comment but this enrages me that this is what parents have decided is "right" for the kids...this is a total joke
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I weep for the future. Parenting has really gone out the window. Too muck reliance on TV, toys and school to teach children instead of parents doing their job!!
    At least these kids are playing baseball, i start to understand why kids resort to video games, parents have killed the fun of normal pasttimes
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I played video games as a kid but also played football, baseball, basketball and everything else under the sun. Parents fighting at little league games and what is happening in New Haven is a disgrace!! Parents want their sons and daughters tp be the Williams sisters or the next Tigher Woods. Sad!

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

As someone that works with kids at an afterschool program, and with younger kids in a pre school, I think this is stupid.

At that age, they know about winning and losing. And most just go at it again, and try to do better the next time. The idea that someone is good, and that others are not as good as you is brought into the childhood pyshe at about the age of 7. By than, they know that someone is good, and that others are not. Most of the time it is the parents that show them this. If a parent shows that they are good (throw a ball far, slamdunk a bball) the kid picks up on that, and tries to do the same thing. Just the other day, well playing in a field with the kids, I kicked a soccer ball far. The result, every single kid that was watching, and playing, were trying to kick the ball farther than the kid standing next to them.

If the kid was say 4, than that's another kettle of fish. At that age, yeah everybody's a winner. So at 18-1, the 4 year old version of the pats are still winner. YEAH, AND LETS GO GET SOME ICE CREAM!!!!!!

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

P.S. rumor has it the New York Yankees have gone to the parents house with paperwork in hand, and a big briefcase, and some Lego.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Boston is outbidding them by having men working round the clock on Jericho's homework.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12