Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mets get Luis Ayala

MLB ERA

Re: Mets get Luis Ayala

It will be entertaining, but you can't bring up last year every six seconds. It gets played out.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Last year.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

And the media's still bringing up TO/McNabb, you don't think they're gonna bring this up?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I know they're going to....I just think it's stupid. I know my complaining does nothing to stop the media, but I was hoping it would make DK realize how played out his joke is.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Entertaining Mets get Luis Ayalaat the Mets' expense . And it's important to bring up what happened last year, because it is relevant. Despite you saying that the Mets are a "different" team from last year, that's not really the case. The only big change is Glavine being replaced by Johan. The core of last year's roster is still the same this year, so the players will be going through the same bad experience once again. You know that they're trying to avoid another September fizzle. You know the players are thinking, "man, we choked last year and the media and fans killed us; we'd better not choke again this year because the outcry will be even greater." Psychologically, this has to be a factor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I know my complaining does nothing to stop the media, but I was hoping it would make DK realize how played out his joke is.
    Hardly. And just wait until basketball season rolls around and we get to make fun of the Knicks. The repeated jokes there really never get old. It's just too bad that Isiah's no longer there. I can hardly wait already.

MLB ERA

I'm not saying you can't mention last year, but when that is the ONLY thing you have to say, I find it to be tired and old. If you actually had some information about THIS YEAR's team (RYAN CHURCH, BRIAN SCHNEIDER, JOHAN, AYALA, MURPHY/EVANS), then i'd be more likely to take your opinion into account. This team truly is different. In both emotion and in players, it's not the same team anymore.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's all anyone is talking about. Especially Mets fans and the media. Therefore, it will be mentioned.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bye bye Fernando Tatis.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    That's all anyone is talking about. Especially Mets fans and the media. Therefore, it will be mentioned.
    Actually, Mets fans aren't really talking about it, except in arguing it's a different team and a different season. It's the media who keeps bringing it up. And then, the other teams' fans need someone to make fun of, so they pick the Mets. It's a tired joke. Sorry if I don't agree with you in its humor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Actually, Mets fans aren't really talking about it, except in arguing it's a different team and a different season.
    We're not talking to the same Mets fans then

MLB ERA

Most Mets fans, at least the ones I know, only mention it in response to the 482012384 media articles and reports on it. The vast majority refuting the reports. So, again, pardon me if the Mets fans I speak to are different than the ones you do, but I have met very very few Mets fans who initiate a conversation about last year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I dunno man... I got a couple of Mets friends who are all gloomy and angry these days. I turn on sports radio and hear Mets fans (among other fans) calling in sounding like the end of the world is nigh. I go to various different message boards and the general sentiment is similar. Not everyone is as optimistic as you.

Can't wait until tonight's game!

MLB ERA

Don't get confused, I'm upset and gloomy as well, but I don't think this is the same team as last year. I don't think this has anything to do with last year. I'm pissed that they're playing badly, not because I'm reminded of 2007.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mets made it interesting at the end of tonight's game. They looked like they were cruising to an easy win, but it took a bunch of relievers to close it out. At least they held on, which is a good sign. Delgado, Beltran and Reyes showed up big time tonight, but Dave Wright has been completely MIA this Washington series.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast