Thread: Waiver Sprees?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Forecast Waiver Sprees?

ESPN - Waive goodbye? Six players who might need new uniforms - MLB

The listed players:
    Byrd, Maddux, Andruw Jones, Huff, Fuentes, and Dunn.

Now the last two, Law says won't clear waivers (obviously), but Huff won't? Huff has been pretty damn solid this season (.302 avg, 22 homers, 72 rbi).

Fuentes was in all kinds of rumors but was never moved. Law thinks Grabow, Ohman, and Taschner could fall into the waiver mix as lefty substitutes if nothing does indeed happen with Fuentes.

Adam Dunn, OF, Cincinnati: Call it a hunch, but I don't think teams will let a player of Dunn's offensive stature slip by them on waivers to go to a direct rival, nor do I think the Reds will let him go just to save a little money when they know they will get draft picks for him. (Incidentally, put me down as a skeptic on all this talk about Dunn not getting more than a one-year deal this winter. It is not possible that all 30 general managers suddenly got so stupid that they won't want a .385/.550 player if he's willing to sign a two-year deal. Most are smart enough to know he probably will get more than that.) Dunn would be an offensive upgrade in one corner outfield spot for nearly every contending team, and the chance to get him for nothing more than the few million he's owed for the rest of the year will be too tempting to pass up. I expect any claiming team to make at least a cursory offer to try to acquire him after the claim.
    I don't really think much of Dunn but yeah, you're not letting all those homeruns go quietly into the night.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Waiver Sprees?

I don't think the O's will put Huff on waivers. In fact, I think the O's will re-sign him. Like you said, Huff has been good all year and will probably play first when Millar leaves. Millar will be placed on waivers though.

I don't think any team could possibly want Andruw in his current fat state.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Perhaps when Jenny Craig starts a team, she'll sign Andruw.
    Ted

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't really think much of Dunn but yeah, you're not letting all those homeruns go quietly into the night.
    Psst... pass it on to 29 teams not named the Cincinnati Reds. All us stat heads in Cincy are hoping for thoughts like that and Ricarrdi's to damage his value and allow for a nice and easy four year deal.

The Reds are simply seeing if they could make any post deadline deals here.

And I can't see Huff slipping by either.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Reds will not resign him, and he'll go play for Bobby V in Japan!
    Ted

MLB ERA

There was no real interest in huff at the non-waiver deadline so idk, i'd be shocked if he got through though
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Paul Byrd would be interesting for one team. I heard today that the coaches for the Indians stood in the batter's box and forced Byrd to throw inside. The coaches took a lot of pitches in the shoulders and ass but Byrd has finally turded things around and got over whatever reason he couldn't throw inside.

Would the Twins take a chance on Frank Thomas?