Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bye Bye Manny?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bye Bye Manny?

1. I will keep harping on the Arod since you keep harping on the save stat. Sorry if saves are what closers are there for.
    2. I comprehended the Arod comment very well. You think a team full of players that have been to October before and won are somehow following a guy who has never won anything. Pretty ****ing stupid and not the case at all. Arod leads no one and no one on his teams calls him a leader of any sort. The team doesn't go when Arod does. Pretty sad you don't know your own team.
    3. Holliday would be moving from a hitter's park to another one. His road stats keep getting better. His spilts won't change that much since, again so maybe this time you will get it, he is going to a hitter's park. I will take a guy that hits over .300 on the road every day and twice on Sunday.
    4. How do I know about Holliday bringing more than fantasy numbers? I watch him play and saw him last September and October straight mashing and coming in second for MVP. In case you don't know what that stands for, its Most VALUABLE Player.
    5. People buckle under pressure and some don't. Nothing has pointed towards Holliday buckling under pressure while everything points to him handleing it very well.
    6. Manny quit but not like this year. He forced his team to trade them and the team said they could not count on him. Where the **** are you getting lost here man? Its sad!!
    7. No, I wasn't talking trash but thanks for trying to bring my team into it somehow. I said have fun looking up at the Red Sox since the Yankees have been for a few years now. Truth hurts I guess.
    8. I know more about this game than you can even dream of Keep telling yourself Arod is a leader. Too bad not one Yankee fan has come to your rescue

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    1. I will keep harping on the Arod since you keep harping on the save stat. Sorry if saves are what closers are there for.
    2. I comprehended the Arod comment very well. You think a team full of players that have been to October before and won are somehow following a guy who has never won anything. Pretty ****ing stupid and not the case at all. Arod leads no one and no one on his teams calls him a leader of any sort. The team doesn't go when Arod does. Pretty sad you don't know your own team.
    3. Holliday would be moving from a hitter's park to another one. His road stats keep getting better. His spilts won't change that much since, again so maybe this time you will get it, he is going to a hitter's park. I will take a guy that hits over .300 on the road every day and twice on Sunday.
    4. How do I know about Holliday bringing more than fantasy numbers? I watch him play and saw him last September and October straight mashing and coming in second for MVP. In case you don't know what that stands for, its Most VALUABLE Player.
    5. People buckle under pressure and some don't. Nothing has pointed towards Holliday buckling under pressure while everything points to him handleing it very well.
    6. Manny quit but not like this year. He forced his team to trade them and the team said they could not count on him. Where the **** are you getting lost here man? Its sad!!
    7. No, I wasn't talking trash but thanks for trying to bring my team into it somehow. I said have fun looking up at the Red Sox since the Yankees have been for a few years now. Truth hurts I guess.
    8. I know more about this game than you can even dream of Keep telling yourself Arod is a leader. Too bad not one Yankee fan has come to your rescue
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

AAA ERA

You claim to know alot about baseball then you tell us how important the save stat is, you sure do not prove your knowledge w/ statements like that. Give me a list of the top 5 closers this year.

You still don't get it, it's amazing.

You don't understand how important Manny was to that lineup. #s are great and Holliday could come somewhat close to Manny's #s but he's not manny. teams don;'t come back from 0-3 and 1-3 and Boston did it b/c of Manny and his attitude which spread throughout that clubhouse. By the way, they didn't acquire Holliday so the argument is pointless.

He came in 2nd in the MV? WOw! that must mean he's better than Manny! ARod has won 2 MVPs the last 3 seasons, he couldn't touch Manny when it counts. I guess Rollins, Howard, Morneau, tejada, ichiro, ... are all better than Manny? manny has a World series MVP which is better than 2nd place in the NL MVP vote.

he's rarely played under pressure. The last couple of weeks last yera Colorado had no pressure and they really didn't have it in the postseason since they were such a surprise team. he would have been going to a team where anything less than Championships are now a disappointment and repalcing a popular player who was a key to winning 2 Championships for the first time in 86 years. THAT would be pressure.

. Manny quit but not like this year. He forced his team to trade them and the team said they could not count on him. Where the **** are you getting lost here man? Its sad!!
    he's done the same stuff as before and they got over it.

That's talking trsh which is funny coming from a Giants fan. We'll pass Boston and finish ahead of them again(last year was the first time since '95 they finished ahead of us, being such a knowledgable baseball fan you would think you'd know that)

yep and you prove it every day telling us how the save stat is important and now how Boston has been finihsing ahead of us for a few years no even though last year was the first year since '97 we didn't win the division, the Sox didn't even make the playoffs 2 years ago and last year was the first season since '95 that they beat us out for the division. Yep keep telling yourself how much you know, you might actually believe it someday.

MLB ERA

Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    . Manny quit but not like this year. He forced his team to trade them and the team said they could not count on him. Where the **** are you getting lost here man? Its sad!!

The difference this time that Scott Boras was orchestrating it and not Manny... as indicated by his supposed call after the deadline saying if the Sox backed out of the deal and rejected the options Manny would be a good boy.
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bye Bye MYanny?

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    You claim to know alot about baseball then you tell us how important the save stat is, you sure do not prove your knowledge w/ statements like that. Give me a list of the top 5 closers this year.

You still don't get it, it's amazing.

You don't understand how important Manny was to that lineup. #s are great and Holliday could come somewhat close to Manny's #s but he's not manny. teams don;'t come back from 0-3 and 1-3 and Boston did it b/c of Manny and his attitude which spread throughout that clubhouse. By the way, they didn't acquire Holliday so the argument is pointless.

He came in 2nd in the MV? WOw! that must mean he's better than Manny! ARod has won 2 MVPs the last 3 seasons, he couldn't touch Manny when it counts. I guess Rollins, Howard, Morneau, tejada, ichiro, ... are all better than Manny? manny has a World series MVP which is better than 2nd place in the NL MVP vote.

he's rarely played under pressure. The last couple of weeks last yera Colorado had no pressure and they really didn't have it in the postseason since they were such a surprise team. he would have been going to a team where anything less than Championships are now a disappointment and repalcing a popular player who was a key to winning 2 Championships for the first time in 86 years. THAT would be pressure.

That's talking trsh which is funny coming from a Giants fan. We'll pass Boston and finish ahead of them again(last year was the first time since '95 they finished ahead of us, being such a knowledgable baseball fan you would think you'd know that)

yep and you prove it every day telling us how the save stat is important and now how Boston has been finihsing ahead of us for a few years no even though last year was the first year since '97 we didn't win the division, the Sox didn't even make the playoffs 2 years ago and last year was the first season since '95 that they beat us out for the division. Yep keep telling yourself how much you know, you might actually believe it someday.
    1. Already have given the top five closers but apparently you can't read so what's the point with arguing?
    2. Oh I get it about Arod. You think proven winners follow a guy who hasn;t won anything. Its stupid, retarded and flat out not true. No one in that clubhouse considers him a leader. I get it which is sad because I'm not the Yankees fan. Not one of your fellow Yankees fans agrees with you!!
    3. I understand 100% how important Manny was to that lineup. I also understand that he quit on his team and was no longer trusted. Manny was not the only reason the Red Sox came back from 0-3. There were plenty of guys with a care free attitude like Millar, Damon and Ortiz. To put it all on Manny is just dumb.
    4. Where did I say he was better than Manny? Oh yeah, because he is the better all around player. When you have more speed, better defense and have great offensive numbers, you contribute more to the game. You honestly don't think Holliday is a presence in the lineup? Keep showing that intelligence
    5. Holliday didn't face pressure?? If the Rockies lost one more time in September they were out of it!!! That's pressure!! The Rockies didn;t have pressure in the playoffs? The playoffs is all about pressure!! Just because they were a surprise doesn;t mean a thing! Jesus Christ man!! He had great postseasons numbers and didn't buckle once. The man can hit anywhere at anytime.
    6. You keep saying he has done the same stuff but he hasn't done it to this degree. When the team tells the GM they can no longer trust Manny, you have got to trade him!!! When did that happen before? Never!!!! Totally different scenario!!
    7. Keep trying to bring my team into it since its safe and has no baring on this discussion. Its not trash when its the truth!! Sorry you can't handle that concept but its understandable since you think the Yankees go as Arod goes The Arod comment is talking trash just so you don;t get further confused.
    8. Yes and Boston has been the better run franchise that I do know, hence the Yankees looking up. Its preety much non-debatable. Keep pretending you are smarter than me but it will never come true. Keep hiding behind the save comment, I will continue to point out the dumbest comment ever made that Arod is a leader Again, not my fault the save is the only thing a closer and his team is worried about. Sad 45 saves doesn't impress you while blowing only 3. Yankees have been looking up at the Sox for a few years now. You can spat off all the years they were bounced in the first round but I will take the team that has actually won something twice in four years. I take championships over first round collapses more seriously. I'm just funny like that. Keep posting bro! You just keep making my points for me that I forget more baseball every night than you will ever know.

Jason Bay is having zero problems helping this team win!! Imagine what Holliday could do.

AAA ERA

I have already countered every one of your weak points. I'm not goign to keep repeating myself. Let the others decide who has brought more to this discussion.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Thank god!! Not really an argument from you but whatever. You never ever countered my arguments, you just kept repeating yourself whereas I proved you wrong on everything. Talk about weak arguments!!! Anyone who thinks Holliday can't hit anywhere, anytime and also thinks the Yankees go as Arod goes doesn't hold an argument!! I know its a safe bet most agree with me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678