Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Manny?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bye Bye Manny?

Oh in Manny's 5th year, Manny hit .282 on the road and and .308 at home. Holliday is hitting over .300 in his 5th year. Maybe give Holliday more time than just saying he can't hit on the road which he has been?

MLB ERA

But that was also the first year where Manny DIDN'T hit above .300 on the road.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Point is Holliday is only getting better.

MLB ERA

He's shown signs. That can continue, or it can stop. We'll have to see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Since he is entering his prime, its a safe bet he continues.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

ESPN's Peter Gammons says the Red Sox and Marlins are engaged in serious talks regarding Manny Ramirez.
    Josh Willingham or Jeremy Hermida would be the primary return. Willingham, a right-handed hitter, would be the better replacement for Ramirez this season. However, Hermida is the far more intriguing long-term property, and the Newark Star-Ledger's Dan Graziano reports that talks are focused on him. The Marlins would also send a prospect Boston's way, perhaps Jeff Allison.
    Anyone still have doubts that Manny will not be a Red Sox next year? Would it be Red Sock?

MLB ERA

I think if they make that deal, they're getting ripped off. At that point, if that's the best offer, you're better off taking the draft picks when he leaves.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Reports on Baseball Tonight say Willingham and two other prospects. Manny just said "The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me." Its the point of no return it seems like. Manny isn;t hustling and quiting on his team.

MLB ERA

Agreed. Willingham is a poor defensive OF, and a poor defensive C. Not really sure where he fits.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Willingham isn't great in the field but niether is Manny. Willingham plays in a bigger park so maybe playing in Fenway would help. Hermida has the pop and I think we still haven't seen his full potential yet. Interesting to see.

MLB ERA

I just don't know if this deal is worth it for the Sox. I'm not convinced that either of those guys is good enough to warrant trading Manny and not working on the other guys they could have gotten.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Not just them alone. Prospects would have to make the deal. Manny is quiting on his team so any good deal right now is worth it. His teammates are tired of him and the fans are too. Looks like addition by subtraction at this point. ESPN could be over-exaggerating too.

MLB ERA

True. But the prospects are supposedly Stanton and Allison. They have talent, but they're risky too. So, to me, if the Sox don't want to try to talk Beltran, Heilman, prospect, there's no way they do this.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sources told Baseball Prospectus' John Perrotto that Manny Ramirez is on the verge of being traded to the Marlins for three players.
    Perrotto says one of them is top outfield prospect Mike Stanton. Baseball Prospectus isn't usually to be trusted for breaking news, but Perrotto is a veteran reporter for the Beaver County Times and is pretty trustworthy.
    Too much smoke for there not be some fire.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

“The Red Sox don’t deserve a player like me. During my years here I’ve seen how they have mistreated other great players when they didn’t want them to try to turn the fans against them.

“The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy. I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don’t deserve me. I’m not talking about money. Mental peace has no price and I don’t have peace here.”

Hooboy.

I still doubt Manny goes to the Marlins, I don't see why Florida would do this.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast