Thread: DBacks Want Ibanez

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rumor DBacks Want Ibanez

"With an eye toward adding a left-handed bat, the Diamondbacks have had discussions with Seattle about Raul Ibanez, who fits the necessary profile, a left-handed hitter who can play left field. With 2 1/2 weeks remaining until the nonwaiver trade deadline, however, the Mariners' asking price is too steep for the D-Backs, according to a major league source, although the inevitable dance between worth and need is likely to continue. Ibanez earns $5.5 million this year, the second year of a two-year deal, so he would cost the D-Backs roughly $2.5 million as a fill-in for Eric Byrnes. Seattle is believed to want top minor league prospects, and the D-Backs' list starts with second baseman Emilio Bonifacio, outfielder Gerardo Parra and pitchers Max Scherzer and Jarrod Parker. The D-Backs are unwilling to part with top pitching."
    Ibanez is also rumored to be wanted by the Mets. The DBacks need an OFer and offense in a bad way. Byrnes says his hamstring is 98% pulled from the bone so we won't be seeing him anytime this year. Ibanez is a great hitter for the salary he makes. I would love to have him on my team if I were runnning a club. Other guys the DBacks should look at are Aubrey Huff, David Dellucci, Ryan Freel and Xavier Nady.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: DBacks Want Ibanez

They should get Luis Gonzalez back just so karma can bite him on the ass should the youthful Dodgers overtake the Dbacks.