Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cubs Want Harden

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Cubs Want Harden

I just don't think the Cubs need to make rash choices at the moment. Yeah CC is now in you division, but what's the point in making a move that is gonna fleece you of any hope int the future. There's not much in the system, so ol' Billy would need a lot in return, and I don't see that happening.

Here's a suggestion, as I sit in a bus station on the way to Boston, why not make an offer to the Jays? AJ Burnett could come in, and be a great addition IMO. Maybe a return to the NL would be what sets him off again, and I am sure he wants to be a winner, and winning is what the Cubs want. Maybe in return the Jays could get someone like Cedeno, DeRosa? And if your thinking what about depth, we'll throw in Eckstein for someone else, most likely some sort of prospect.

Closed
    AAA ERA

And will Brian Roberts name float back into the picture again for the Cubs?

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    And will Brian Roberts name float back into the picture again for the Cubs?
    dont need him. dont want him.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

dont blame you!!! Why mess with the mojo!!! Pitching is always on every team's wish list though!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

DeRosa is too valuable to the Cubs to trade him. Cedeno is expendable but it will take more than that to get Burnett.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Holy Shit!!! The A's did in fact trade Harden to the Cubs for Sean Gallagher, Matt Murton, Eric Patterson and Josh Donaldson. Huge happenings in the NL Central!! I am still in shock. I will have more later.

Oh, wow! The NL Central is becoming very dominant, I mean more dominant, now.
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cards will now get someone like Zack Greinke or Tim Redding. Knowing Beane's past genius, Murton will turn out to be a stud and Gallagher will be the next Duke.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Shit!! I just saw the Cubs got Gaudin too??!!?? WOW!! Finally the NL is making the blockbuster deals.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Shit!! I just saw the Cubs got Gaudin too??!!?? WOW!! Finally the NL is making the blockbuster deals.
    Yes they did...in return we got RHP Sean Gallagher, C Josh Donaldson, INF Eric Patterson and OF Matt Murton. Wow. Well there you go Chicago. You're welcome.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Congrats to the Cubs fans. It is going to be a fun season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

After settling down a bit, I must say the Cubs stole this one. Harden and Gaudin will boost the Cubs staff. Murton could be a useful player on the A's and keeps Cust at DH. Gallagher is a decent guy in the rotation but nothing special but is under control for six years. Patterson is a backup infielder and Donaldson has a .365 OBP through three levels of the minors, rookie, A- and A ball. This has to favor the Cubs if and only if Harden stays healthy when it matters. Harden's health has to be why it didn't take much to get those two men.

After settling down a bit, I must say the Cubs stole this one. Harden and Gaudin will boost the Cubs staff. Murton could be a useful player on the A's and keeps Cust at DH. Gallagher is a decent guy in the rotation but nothing special but is under control for six years. Patterson is a backup infielder and Donaldson has a .365 OBP through three levels of the minors, rookie, A- and A ball. This has to favor the Cubs if and only if Harden stays healthy when it matters. Harden's health has to be why it didn't take much to get those two men.
    Very true. I did not think of Harden's injuries in the first place. Regardless of that, it should help Cubs in the race barring injuries, of course.
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

i wont go so far as stealing, because it all depends on Harden staying healthy. If he does? then it may well be. Patterson can play offense, but is brutal at both 2b and OF defensively. Murton can play left field, and his power seems to have vanished, but he can get on base, he just didnt have a position on the cubs. You can stick him in right if you must, but he doesnt really have the arm for it. Donaldson may be good for the A's. He wasnt going to be in the show due to this guy named Soto.

Gallagher has a good arm, and should definitely help the A's.

This may actually be a trade good for both sides. But I like that Hendry is willing to gamble a bit, without giving up the real prizes (Marmol, Soto, etc.)
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast