Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bedard to the Mariners, Roberts to the Cubs to follow?

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Orioles Bedard to the Mariners, Roberts to the Cubs to follow?

Many different blogs in Seattle, LAA, and Baltimore are showing posts from alleged insiders... all saying that Bedard is 24-48 hours from being traded... most likely to Seattle for... Jones, Sherrill, Tillman, ???, ??? and more ???, possibly to LAA for Wood, Morales, Aybar, Saunders, and Juan Rivera...

The Bedard trade is supposed to be immediately followed up by Roberts to the Cubbies as has been discussed for decades now... one insider even claims it is better than the last Cubs offer. Who really knows???

As most O's fans... I'll believe all this when I see it. The bottom line is... there is too much smoke coming from too many parts of the country for this to be a false alarm... then again, I could be wrong.

I just hope the O's get a King's Ransom for these two guys.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    One guy from Seattle says that it is official now... Some schmuck named Geoff Baker talked to Bavasi and Jones and both said it is done!

Mariners Blog | Seattle Times Newspaper Blog

MLB ERA

Re: Orioles are supposed to be VERY close to two deals

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Adam Jones is flying to Baltimore for a physical on Monday, suggesting the Orioles and Mariners have agreed to an Erik Bedard trade.
    Jones said he's been told the deal is done, though he doesn't know who is going with him to Baltimore. Asked by the Seattle Times tonight, George Sherrill said he had heard nothing to suggest he's being included. Top prospects Chris Tillman, Jeff Clement, Carlos Triunfel and Wladimir Balentien are among the players whose names have come up in rumors.
    Looks like it's pretty much done pending physicals.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Wow...
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

An O'sInsider is saying it is 4 for 1 with Jones the only named player. I wonder who the other 3 are. Another insider said, "Mariner fans will be pissed" when they find out who the other players are. "Andy McPhail got the best of this one".

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Bedard to the Mariners, Roberts to the Cubs to follow?

This is certainly interesting for sure, good luck in taking in a major haul Orioles Fans.

M's fans, how do you feel about this? Bedard and King Felix! Very nice!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The O's better have gotten Clement along with Jones. Bedard has never logged 200 IP and has a history of arm problems. Be careful what you wish for Seattle.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This is all I'm going to say about this deal. Seattle should not have traded Adam Jones our slated starting RF to get a guy who has only had two solid years.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

wow man, you don't like having Bedard as an addition to your team? You offense is still pretty good. Maybe you mortgaged your future for sure, but you look to be in line to contend with the Angels all of a sudden.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Im sorry but with Jones being a very good damn player, who are we going to have at RF next season.

The Official Site of The Seattle Mariners: News: Seattle Mariners News

Thats the link on the M's site. As much as I want a guy like Bedard, dealing a ML starting position player like Adam Jones, is really pointless with the lack of depth we do have on the MAJOR league level.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

You have to look at it this way though Porter; who will help you contend the next few seasons? A dominant starting pitcher is much more valuable than any position player. Jones may be fun to watch, but Bedard will win games for you. I kind of wish you guys kept Guillen now though.

Either way, Bavasi has taken a step into contending now. Maybe more moves will follow?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah but Bedard is injury prone and hasnt pitched over 200 innings yet? Thats a big concern. Why didnt we get Haren? Hes been a better pitcher over the long run.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Also what was our two biggest concerns down the stretch. A bat with power and a SP. We dealt one power bat to get a SP. So while filling one hole, you open another one.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Could Jones be considered a power bat in his first full season?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jones had a .568 SLG, 25 HRs in AAA last season in 420 ABs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast