Thread: [Rumor] Soriano Back To The Bronx?

MLB ERA

[Rumor] Soriano Back To The Bronx?

I heard this from someone reliable earlier:

I heard that the Yankees are talking to the Rangers about getting Alfonso Soriano and putting him in CF. Texas would get Giambi, Cano and another prospect and a significant amount of money to cover Giambi's contract. Obviously a big sticking point is the amount of money that the Yankees will have to give Texas. They want the Yankees to forget about the remaining $58.5M 9.5m p/ year, that they owe the Yankees from the Arod trade. The Yankees have apparently countered with about $40m. Giambi would then cost the Rangers aprox. $6.5m for the next 4 years.

We'll see what happens. It was a surprise to me, but it's what I heard.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AA ERA
    Why would Texas want Giambi? Texas are not going to bring players with big contracts.

I believe Texas has another young prospect at second base soon so I am not sure about Cano.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Now that is a huge thought. Could be really big for the Yankees. Giambi just might not be any good any longer and for Texas to want to pay him 6.5 sounds insane. I would not go through with this at all if I were the Rangers.

AA ERA
    You also have to wonder if Giambi is Buck Showalter's type of player. Showalter likes grinders and guys who play defense.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Why would Texas want Giambi? Texas are not going to bring players with big contracts.

I believe Texas has another young prospect at second base soon so I am not sure about Cano.
    Ian Kinsler, yea... this deal makes no sense. Any deal like this, would have to bring Texas pitching... young pitching... young pitching that don't make money. Wang heads the list there.

I've been hearing alot of weird rumors out of Texas lately though... one for Adam Dunn for pitching prospects... so I suppose anything is possible... not that I believe the rumor about Dunn either.

AAA ERA
    I'd do almost anything to get rid of Giambi but I do not want to part w/ Cano or Wang under any circumstances- not for Sori, not for Clemens, not for anybody.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This makes no sense simply because Texas is tied with the Angels right now. The Angels are in bad shape and this is a chance for Texas to make a big push. You aren't gonna do that with Giambi and Cano. Texas will make a move in the future for pitching and another hitter. The Rangers need to think about getting Prince Fielder.

Oh my that's a horrible trade for Texas. That trade is too bad to even be realistic

Sorry BF, either your source is full of crap or my management team is dumber than advertised

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I'd do almost anything to get rid of Giambi but I do not want to part w/ Cano or Wang under any circumstances- not for Sori, not for Clemens, not for anybody.
    If you're going to rip off a team this badly the least you can do is throw in a decent prospect.