Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFAN and SNY reporting that Lastings Milledge has been dealt to the Nats

MLB ERA

WFAN and SNY reporting that Lastings Milledge has been dealt to the Nats

For catcher Brian Schneider and outfielder Ryan Church.

I am going to miss Church, but hooboy I am not gonna miss Schneider's salary and I love having a centerfielder who isn't garbage.

MLB ERA

Re: WFAN and SNY reporting that Lastings Milledge has been dealt to the Nats

Seriously?

MLB ERA

Seriously.

I guess Minaya saw his priest and he told him to make amends for the shit****ery of a GMing job he did with the Expos.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Again, seriously?

MLB ERA

metsblog.com is apparently reporting it as well but the site is down for me.

Presumably because everyone has to ***** about this horrific deal.

Remember when Milledge was being talked about as a centerpiece in a trade for Haren? Or Harden? Or Blanton? Or people with talent?

MLB ERA

Did the Mets also include Grady Sizemore and Cliff Lee in the deal?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So has it been reported if Jim Bowden is expecting a wet dream tonight over his acquisition a toolsy outfielder like Milledge?

MLB ERA

Hopefully there's a report that Jim Bowden has been fired.

He's made three deals to rob three teams of our three outfielders. He will do wrong again, soon. Get him out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Trust me, old Leatherpants is hard to get rid of. Many thought he would be gone for sure by the time the stadium is up, but that's looking less and less likely.

MLB ERA

The plan seems to be to keep him around as a stopgap until the new stadium is going to be played in and then pick up someone who isn't awful.

Bowden would suck Wily Mo Pena's dick if he'd show off all five of his tools for him.

MLB ERA

for the 3rd time, seriously?

I can't believe it, even if it's true I still won't believe it.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Am I the only one who hasn't been impressed with Milledge? It's a definite upgrade over Nook Logan but this guy hasn't looked sharp at all in the big leagues. Pena, Milledge and Kearns makes for a much better OF so it is a good deal. Watch Church to be traded again. Who will now catch for the Nats?

MLB ERA

Jesus Flores is the catcher right now, but they'll probably sign a vet to pair with him.

As for Milledge - he's 22, he's got all the tools, he's still a really good prospect, and at 22 he put up a .790 OPS season in the majors. It's not a huge steal, but Minaya didn't make this trade thinking "I want Church." He did this, he traded Milledge, for SCHNEIDER. That's what makes it a bad deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I haven't been wowed by Milledge either yet, but he is still very young and does have that ceiling he'll bring with him. Plus he has performed well for his age at the MLB level.

MLB ERA

Nothing on MLB.com yet. They wait until the ink is dry to announce deals though.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast