Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WFAN and SNY reporting that Lastings Milledge has been dealt to the Nats

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: WFAN and SNY reporting that Lastings Milledge has been dealt to the Nats

LMAO! Is this a serious deal? I would hate to be a Mets fan!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Omar Minaya is a freaking moron, plain and simple and he proves it yet again.
    He didn't even get a Latin player in the deal, so there's no excuse this time.

Dude should know from his time up here in Montreal how much crap Brian Schneider is.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal confirms that the Nationals have acquired Lastings Milledge from the Mets for Brian Schneider and Ryan Church.
    An official announcement will come later this afternoon. Rosenthal says that the Mets offered Johnny Estrada to the Nats in the trade, free of charge, but that the Nats preferred to look elsewhere for a Schneider replacement.
    Slap in the face if you're Estrada. Teams are giving you away FOR FREE, and you're still get turned down.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

My avatar says it all.

MLB ERA

its official and I still can't believe it
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

What a nonsensical trade. Apparently Mike and the Mad Dog said that the Mets offered Milledge around to a few teams including the O's and A's and both said no thanks, which I can't understand at all considering the O's needs. The Mets can't have been asking for a ransom for Milledge considering what they settled for.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

MLB ERA

Here is a story with the details: The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News
    This is a real head-scratcher to me. Milledge has more potential than either of these guys and could become a very good player very soon. This deal has a high probability of coming back to haunt the Mets. Either that or the Mets know something that they aren't telling anyone.......
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTribe View Post
    What a nonsensical trade. Apparently Mike and the Mad Dog said that the Mets offered Milledge around to a few teams including the O's and A's and both said no thanks, which I can't understand at all considering the O's needs. The Mets can't have been asking for a ransom for Milledge considering what they settled for.
    Apparently several other major league teams must know something on Milledge we that we don't. Milledge must have been involved in trade talks for Blanton from the A's and catcher Hernandez of the O's. I hope he reaches his expected talent level for the Nats making Omar Minaya look like a literal idiot.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

This kind of reminds me of when they traded for Victor Zambrano. Who did they give up for him again?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kazmir!

To be fair to Minaya, he wasn't the one who traded Kazmir for Zambrano. That was Jim Duquette. Still a retarded trade, nevertheless.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who knew there was a discount on supposed 5 tool potential young outfielders these days. Ok, so Minnesota gave up a good piece to get Young, but...

I'm convinced Atlanta deals Jeff Francoeur for Lance Niekro, and Chris Young is moved for Scott Williamson.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12