Thread: Brewers Sign Cameron

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Brewers Sign Cameron

A source told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that the Brewers and Mike Cameron have come to terms on a one-year deal with a club option for 2009.

It's very surprising to see Cameron settle for a one-year deal with at least a couple of other clubs interested in him. The Brewers will likely move Bill Hall to third base to make room for him. The move puts them in much better position to challenge the Cubs in the NL Central.
    Great move for both teams. Cameron goes to CF, Hall goes to 3B and Braun goes to LF. This helps the defense and offense of this ball club. Cameron will likely hit 6th or 7th in this lineup which makes this move even better. He strikes out a lot so hitting lower in the lineup so it won't hurt the team as much. The defense and offense jut got better with this team and more importantly they didn't give him a deal they can't handle. Only one guaranteed year with an option is perfect for them. Good move from Cameron to go to a team where they will most likely make the playoffs or be in the hunt until the last day.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Brewers Sign Cameron

Only negative to this signing is that Cameron is going to start the year on the suspended list for steroids. He has a 25 game suspension.

I like the move as well, jusy glad that is was only a 1-year with an option.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Brewers Sign Cameron

Forgot about that. Good point.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

that is why we are here, to help each other out with information.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe the Dodgers ought to trade for Anthony Gwynn. The Padre fans would be more than happy to have Gwynn serve as the Dodgers' so-called "Double-A" starting centerfielder in tank mode in September instead of crushing the Padres' playoff hopes as a "major league" starting centerfielder for the Brewers.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Cameron is not worth $7 million. I sure hope he proves me wrong.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Geoff Jenkins makes $6.5/yr.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

And see what that got him. A ticket out of town to Philadelphia.

Cameron is not worth $7 million, I a am sorry, especially for missing the first 25 games of the regular season.

As I said in the previous post, I hope I am wrong. If I am wrong, I will be ok with that this time. hahahaha...