Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Santana Trade Talks

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Santana Trade Talks

I don't want to see Phil Hughes go and I love Melky too...this would be tough for me.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    I don't want to see Phil Hughes go and I love Melky too...this would be tough for me.
    I remember Celtics fans saying how they really love Al Jefferson. Now, they really love Kevin Garnett. I bet you'd really like Johan Santana too!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I know...but Phil Hughes is one of, if not the best, pitching prospects in baseball and we would have him for longer than Santana.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    I remember Celtics fans saying how they really love Al Jefferson. Now, they really love Kevin Garnett. I bet you'd really like Johan Santana too!
    "Prospects" in the NBA aren't the same as in the MLB.
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Agreed, I really don't think the Yankees should make this move. We would be giving up prospects that are rare..Santana is great but I don't think I want to see Melky and Hughes go cause in a couple of years I could see us really regreting this when Hughes wins the CY.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Watch the overvalued Melky Cabrera end up being traded for Al Reyes.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees vice president Hank Steinbrenner confirmed that he plans to pull his team's offer for Johan Santana on Monday.
    Just when it looked like the Yankees might have gotten him muzzled. "I think our offer is the best offer," Steinbrenner said. "We have the best young pitchers in the game, even better than Boston." The Yankees are believed to be offering Phil Hughes, Melky Cabrera and a prospect for Santana. Steinbrenner indicated that the third player isn't what's holding up the deal. "That's erroneous," he said. "I don't think that will be the sticking point."
    Why would anyone believe a word he said after he said they wouldn't negotiate with Arod if he opted out? This is why I said it looked bad for the Yankees. They can no longer pull this card.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Re: Santana Trade Talks

I noticed somewhere on the internet (redsrbetter, help me out on this) that Boston is going to include Jacoby Ellsbury in package for Johan Santana. Personally, I would LOVE to see Johan stay, but, if management thinks that they can get one heck of a deal, I think getting Ellsbury would be a HUGE boost to the club. What do you guys think?
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Young, Ellsbury and Kuddyer make for a better OF than they had last year.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That's what I was thinking. Cuddyer with his cannon playing the baggie in right, Ellsbury with his speed in center, and Young playing in left would be good. That saves Monroe, Tyner, and Kubel for a 4th OF/DH slot.
    -Chris

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Screw Monroe! Not worth it!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

We already have Monroe, so there isn't anything we can do about it now. But I think that Twins' management should take a good hard look at what Boston has to offer if they aren't seriously considering keeping Johan.
    -Chris

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You can non-tender him.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Say this deal with Boston as it appears with Ellsbury goes through. Non-tender Monroe, put Cuddyer in RF, Ellsbury in CF, and Young in LF. That would still leave Pohlad a decent amount of cash to give Mauer and Morneau long term extensions. Plus, with Ellsbury in MN, I think that the fan base won't change as much as people might think since we lost Hunter. So there still will be a decent cash flow for them to work with.
    -Chris

MLB ERA

Henks, the corners would switch when the Twins move to the outdoor park in 2010. That would allow more speed in right.
    As to the deals on the table, don't forget that the Angels are rumored to be interested in sending Nick Adenhart -- their best pitching prospect, along with one of their outfielders (wouldn't it be interesting if it were Torii?) and some prospects for Johan.
    Of the 2 biggest offers -- Yankees and Red Sox -- I like the Sox offer better. Ellsbury has a lot more potential than Cabrera does, although not as much experience. I would, however, like to see a 3B involved in the discussion, even a good prospect.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast