Thread: Piazza To Japan?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Piazza To Japan?

Free agent Mike Piazza reportedly will consider going to Japan if he can't land a guaranteed deal in the U.S.
    Barry Bonds' apparent removal from the market would seem to help Piazza's chances of landing a DH job, but no one seems interested so far. Perhaps that will begin to change next month.
    For everyone's sake just retire. Do not tarnish the HOF career by winding up in Japan. If Piazza brought his price tag down, I'm sure a team would pick him. If not, go home and play with your kids.

MLB ERA

Re: Piazza To Japan?

He won't go, and if he did, it wouldn't affect his Hall of Fame case.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I know it wouldn't affect his case for the HOF but how many HOFers ended their careers in Japan? It would just be a sad sight to see. I know he is juts playing the Pudge Rodriguez card but he doesn't have the skills Pudge had.

MLB ERA

He should us retire already.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

I have no problem with this. Im a Mets fan, and I will tell you that Mike Piazza is not doing this because of money. He is doing this to play competitive baseball. the reason that he demands a high price is because he does not want to be paid less than he thinks he deserves. Perhaps he is mistaken, but it doesnt make him any less of a terrific ballplayer