Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smooth Move Boras..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Yankees Smooth Move Boras..

He had to apologize for the annoucement of A-Rod's opting out of his contract on Game 4 of the World Series.

Bob DuPay was not a happy camper with Boras for trying to upstage the World Series.

And you know what, I agree with DuPay!!!

Boras should have not gotten his undies in bundle!!

Smooth move Scott Boras!

AA ERA

Re: Smooth Move Boras..

As a Red Sox fan I was very pissed when Rosenthal reported it during the game. Just shows the extreme lack of respect Pay-Rod and Boras have for the game of baseball.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34 View Post
    As a Red Sox fan I was very pissed when Rosenthal reported it during the game. Just shows the extreme lack of respect Pay-Rod and Boras have for the game of baseball.
    i'm more pissed that rosenthal reported it during the game. his job was to cover the game, not cover the wire.

but expecting the media to sit on a story until the game was over? thats asking too much, i guess.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Boras is a jackass. Should this surprise anybody?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It wasn't Boras who made the announcement. Sending a text to Cashman and all of this is his fault even though it was Rosenthal and everyone else who made it public. Blame the Yankee insiders for letting it get out.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Either way, the media and everyone involveds should have allowed the Rockies and the Red Sox to have there days of glory.

And A-Rod, Boras, Cashman, and/or the media should be ashamed of themselves. If I was a Rockies/Red Sox fan I would have been even more ticked off than I am now as a hard-core baseball fan.

Lets leave the Yankees and/or any other team not in the World Series out of the media and spotlight.

I almost feel that the Rockies and the Red Sox should be compensated or something from Boras, Cashman, A-Rod, whoever. I know that is unrealistic, but I am just venting here people.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I learned that Dusty Baker was our new manager while watching the ALCS. Rosenthal made the announcement then as well and it was the first report of it.

I would think BoSox fans would be happy hearing that ARod is no longer wearing pinstripes.

On another note, I still see where you guys are coming from for sure. ARod is the type to steal the spotlight whenever possible. Thats what makes this so bad. He wants to be the highest paid athlete in sports, he wants to be the HR king, and he wants to be the best at everything. I can't balme him for that and in fact I kind of look up to him for that. But he definitely slipped a notch or two on my respect list (if you will) because of this.

Now, should I hate Krivsky for announcing the hiring of Dusty Baker during the ALCS? Or is ARod different as I suggested?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Sounds like Rosenthal needs to watch the game and report on that game instead of worring about the baseball world. Just report what is going on with the game you are televising and not worry about being the first to report baseball news outside of the game you are reporting at.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

It might have been Buster Olney though. I can't remember for sure if it was Rosenthal or not. Frankly can't for the life of me remeber who it was. But it did happen.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Nevermind, it was Rosenthal during the ALDS:

Link

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Yeah, I knew that redsrbetter. But, hey, we all make mistakes and get confused once in awhile. what were we talking about again, oh yeah, thats right, it was Rosenthal talking about the Reds hiring Dusty and breaking the A-Rod news.

hahaha. aren't I just the funniest person you know,

AA ERA

I can understand Rosenthal reporting what he was asked too, that's his job. I guarantee you once he told the network he had some big time news, they wanted him to report it. So blame Pay-Rod, Boras, Cashman, and any other Yankee executive who chose it to leak out. Old saying goes, don't shoot the messenger.. Remember Rosenthal gets paid to report information such as that. He only reported what he was being told and the network wanted it televised and not to mention beat out espn or any other network from reporting first. So you can't blame Rosenthal.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I don't blame him either. My question was whether we should hold Krivsky and Castelinni accountable like ARod and Boras are being held.

AA ERA

I don't necessarily think so... I'm not saying anything against the Reds, but the hiring of Dusty Baker wasn't going to make near as much racket and headlines as Pay-Rod opting out of the final 3 years of his contract. Boras knew this had been a big story all season in because of the magnitude and impact Pay-Rod has on the game of baseball. It once again shows the lack of respect Boras has for the game and not to mention how selfish Pay-Rod is, if you ask me it's disgusting. Here's hoping the Red Sox bring back Lowell.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I understand that part of the network relaying information to Rosenthal. They are as much at fault for this lack respect for the game also.

Boras and his greed can be shown the door as far as I am concerned!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast