Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smooth Move Boras..

MLB ERA

Re: Smooth Move Boras..

Boras gets his clients the money that they feel they deserve. No weapons are brandished during negotiations, so it is not his fault he gets the huge contracts he does. The owners are willing to pay for his clients and do so.
    This said, the timing of the announcement was just more of him putting himself above the game. He is a great agent, but his "schtick" is very old and tired. There are dozens of people that can do his job and most have more respect for the game that pays their salaries than he does.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

There may be plenty of people who can do his job, but no one does it better.

For all the time he's in the news, how many of you actually know what he looks like?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Just not a fan of him. I dont think he cares about the game or the fans. He just wants to see $$$ signs and guarenteed years. Which is all fine and dandy, but sometimes money isnt everything.

I truly feel that some players sign the dotted line and think everything is going to be fine and dandy. But when it is time to play the game, they are unhappy and mess team/clubhouse chemistry.

Listen to the fans complain when a player sign the big $$$, and don't live up to their expectations, they complain, but when a lower paid player does not succeed, it is ok.

MLB ERA

He's an agent. He wouldn't be hired if money wasn't the first thing in the player's minds. Would you trade 5 bucks an hour from your gig to make whatever you sell cheaper? Or for the love of whatever?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I understand that he his an agent and that is his job.

But, that is not always the best scenario for an individual. Sometimes I truly think that agents take the human element out of sports and the game. that is just me though. So many people are to blame for this. I am even guilty at times also.

Fans want a winning team, owners also, spending money is not always the fix. Chemistry plays a HUGE part in the success of a team. And when a player signs the dotted line for outrageous amounts of money, what and why should they care. They claim they want to win, but do they really. They have all the money in the world, what is so big about winning mentality.

Greed hurts everyone and everything.

MLB ERA

I believe chemistry plays no part in winning. Jeff Kent and Barry Bonds still hate each other, but they still got to the WS. I'm sure the Red Sox had great chemistry between their two rings, but scoring more runs than the opposition in the playoffs is what really won it all.

John Madden was right. Chemistry doesn't breed winning. Winning breeds chemistry.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

fair enough.

still dont care for Boras' tatics. that is just me though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12