Thread: Andruw Jones...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Padres Andruw Jones...

According to Yahoo! Sports-Rumors, the San Diego Padres could offer Andruw Jones a one-year deal. Hoping that he can rejuvenate himself and have a better season this year and go after a bigger contract after the 2008 season.

Jones' agent, Scott Boras, did the same kind of deal for Jeff Weaver last year with Seattle.

MLB ERA

Re: Andruw Jones...

I'm sure the Padres will offer him a one year deal.

Of course, I'm sure some team will offer him a multi year multi million dollar contract and he'll take that instead.

Then i'm sure Padres fans will accuse the Padres of not even trying to get him.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

just think it is funny that Boras tryies to get away with a lot of crap. Most of the time he wants many years and mega bucks for his clients.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    just think it is funny that Boras tryies to get away with a lot of crap. Most of the time he wants many years and mega bucks for his clients.
    well of course. he gets 7-10% of that overall salary as a commission. can ya blame him for wanting max dollars?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

no. not at all.

it just seems like he tries to find ways to play more games than not

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jones swing has been messed up for quite some time, he tries to load up and blast everything for a homerun. His defense is still very strong, but he needs to go to a power friendly park if he wants to improve the chances of getting a fat payday of a contract at several seasons.

I dunno, I thought he was somewhat fat in CF this year, not really having the quickness. Definitely the best reaction time in the big leagues though.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Didn't he drop some of the weight though? I was under the impression he gained it in 2006, but my years and facts can run together anymore. I do remember many of the defensive metrics rating him high for the defensive aspects.

I am not familiar with any of that, I just know he looked slower in CF.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    I am not familiar with any of that, I just know he looked slower in CF.
    he was. some of it has to do with age. not necessarily his chronological age, but hes played what 12 years? as a center fielder. he came into the league at 19 so in baseball years hes on the downward slide.

he always had the frame that seemed like he would get a bit pudgy in his middle years, so its no surprise he has bulked up and slowed down in the field. I'm not saying hes going to turn into a Puckett or Gwynn, but from now on, hes not going to be much above average in center and he's going to have to be careful he doesnt get any bigger.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Jones' defense has gone down hill and is becoming more and more a corner OFer. He is getting bigger whether it's fat or not and his range is one of the worst in MLB. Put all that on top of his shitty offense and you got yourself a high paid shitbomb. Boras will not even think about accepting a one year deal for Jones. Weaver is not even close to being the name Jones is. I would love to see Jones playing in Petco against my Giants though