Thread: Heyman(Rumor): Cordero on the move?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Heyman(Rumor): Cordero on the move?

ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Mets have gotten aggressive in their pursuit of the Nationals' Chad Cordero.

The Nationals are certain to want Lastings Milledge, but perhaps they'd settle for Carlos Gomez and a pitching prospect. If a Cordero deal happens, Jon Rauch would take over as Washington's closer.
    The Mets have reportedly offered Philip Humber to the Nationals for Chad Cordero, and the Diamondbacks are also in the hunt, according to SI.com's Jon Heyman.

As lofty as his demands have been in the past, it's hard to see Jim Bowden taking the Mets' fifth or sixth best prospect for Cordero. A deal would probably have to include Carlos Gomez or Mike Pelfrey. If the Diamondbacks are offering Carlos Quentin, that's a deal the Nationals should strongly consider. Too bad they just gave Dmitri Young $10 million to stumble around left field the next couple of years.
    Just sparking conversation right now, nothing imminent as of yet.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Heyman(Rumor): Cordero on the move?

I've heard reports that the Nationals want Milledge and Pelfrey for Cordero...typical Jim Bowden, asking for unreasonable demands and ending up with nothing.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.