Thread: Teams Interested in FA Troy Percival

MLB ERA

Teams Interested in FA Troy Percival

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    The A's, Braves, Tigers, Phillies, Devil Rays and Giants had scouts watching free agent Troy Percival's workout on Tuesday.
    Percival threw 88-90 mph today, two scouts in attendance told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal. The 37-year-old former closer is expected to sign with a major league team by the end of the week. The Indians, though they weren't represented today, are also in the mix for his services.
    I thought Troy Percival was retired? His he trying to make a comeback?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Teams Interested in FA Troy Percival

Perci got lit up from time to time even back when he was capable of throwing the ball 95-99 mph. Now, he's left with a bad arm, a bad hip, and Jeff Shaw's fastball.

MLB ERA

Re: Teams Interested in FA Troy Percival

He was good with the Angels when I was watching him. That was back in the '90s though.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."