Thread: O's Sign Steve Trachsel to a 1yr Contract

MLB ERA

Orioles O's Sign Steve Trachsel to a 1yr Contract

Steve Trachsel and the Orioles have agreed to terms on a one-year, $3.1 million contract with a $4.75 million option for 2008, according to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
    That didn't take long. Trachsel will replace Kris Benson in the rotation, putting Jeremy Guthrie back in the bullpen mix and making it likely that Hayden Penn and Garrett Olson will open the season in Triple-A. It's unlikely that he'll have any fantasy value.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I understand this was a desperation move... but yeesh. Rain Delay was particularly hittable after some solid seasons in New York, not to mention his KK to BB ratio was essentially 1:1 (78 BB:79 SO) that resulted in a 1.60 WHIP. Also, I don't know if he was bothered by any lingering or nagging back injuries, but he wasn't even averaging 5.5 IP per start. I think the Orioles would have been much more wise to pursue an option through trade. Trachsel wouldn't have been a bad low risk option, but for a guy who could of easily had a much worse looking season last year, 3 million seems awful steep.

Rookie ERA
    The rest of the AL East just smiled.