Thread: Orioles & Corey Patterson agrees to 1yr deal

MLB ERA

Orioles Orioles & Corey Patterson agrees to 1yr deal

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    The Orioles and Corey Patterson have reportedly agreed to a one-year, $4.3 million contract.
    That's the midpoint between what Patterson asked for ($4.6 million) and was offered ($4 million) in his final year of arbitration. Patterson will be a free agent at season's end.
    I have been seeing a lot of 1yr deals lately. Is this normal? This is technically my 2nd full season of following MLB the full year.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    I have been seeing a lot of 1yr deals lately. Is this normal? This is technically my 2nd full season of following MLB the full year.
    yes, its very normal for players still in arbitration years. it allows them to avoid arbitration while still under 6 years service time. and if they are entering their 6th year, a one year deal may be announced to stave off arbitration and then negotiation continues to ink a long term deal.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1