Thread: Trot the Indian

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Trot the Indian

Trot Nixon has agreed to a one-year, $3 million deal with the Indians, ESPN.com's Peter Gammons reports.
    So much for the competition between Shin-Soo Choo and Ryan Garko. Nixon figures to take over as the team's right fielder against right-handers. Casey Blake will probably play right field against lefties and first base versus righties. The Indians may keep either Choo or Garko as a bench player, but there won't be room for both.
    Yet another crowded OF.

In this market where Ramon Ortiz gets 3 mil? What a bargain. Yes, he's been declining and horribly injury prone. But for three million, hell, take a shot. If he gives you his usual defense and around an average OPS, you got a good deal
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I can't believe Trot Nixon's getting $8 million less a year than Gil Meche. Gotta love baseball.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    In this market where Ramon Ortiz gets 3 mil? What a bargain. Yes, he's been declining and horribly injury prone. But for three million, hell, take a shot. If he gives you his usual defense and around an average OPS, you got a good deal
    Agreed. At that price it's a very nice pickup for the Indians.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Indians has made two bargain signings this offseason for their outfield, two guys I thought the Reds should consider, but alas we seek out a trade for Jeff Conine. Trot's power has gone to hell, but he's great in the field and still can post a pretty nifty OBP. I am really surprised guys like Nixon and Wilson have gone for so cheap (considering the market.)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Hell, Nixon is making less money than Shawn Chacon. Somebody needs to explain this to me fast.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Chacon can start and close? I got nothing!