Thread: It looks like Lastings Milledge is finally gonna be traded...

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

It looks like Lastings Milledge is finally gonna be traded...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01032007..._morrissey.htm
    Bottom of the page...

Also, the San Francisco Chronicle reported on Sunday that the A's are "likely" to send righty Joe Blanton to the Mets for Lastings Milledge.
    Wouldn't it be hilarious, after all the big names the Mets were rumored to get for Milledge, like Zito and Soriano, if they ended up with only Joe Blanton?
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AA ERA
    Looks like Billy Beane may end up getting his man crush soon.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    I'm surprised I didn't hear about a 13 year old Milledge in Moneyball, actually.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd love that deal.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    As a Braves fan, I can't see how you would like this deal Zito. Giving the Mets a pitcher with great stuff who will benefit going to the NL will give the Braves an even tougher time since they have already lost some offense with Giles leaving plus LaRoche is still on the table.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Blanton blows.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    No, not really but you can have your opinion. The Mets getting a 26 yr old starter who makes pennies with great stuff in a big ballpark doesn't help your cause one bit.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blanton is OK...he is a control pitcher that will benefit from the NL, but he's nothing more than average...he'll eat innings. I hope it's for more than an unproven Milledge though...Blanton is young, cheap, and somewhat proven...at least more proven than Milledge.

MLB ERA
    Milledge has a much better "upside" than Blanton does. Blanton profiles no better than #3 in a decent rotation, and with the young arms the Mets have, he'll likely not be higher than #5. Milledge could be a .280/25/100 player with 25+ steals and 100 runs scored annually for 10 years. His defense isn't great, but he makes the plays well enough to replace Payton in left for the A's.
    I like this move from the A's standpoint.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    A Mets official labeled a recent San Francisco Chronicle report that Oakland was "likely" to trade Joe Blanton to the Mets for Lastings Milledge as "not accurate."
    Figures. That's pretty much the ideal trade for the A's if they're going to part with one of their starters, but Blanton alone isn't worth Milledge. On the other hand, Milledge isn't worth either Dan Haren or Rich Harden. Newsday says the A's and Mets are not actively discussing a deal.
    So very true.

MLB ERA
    Billy Beane and Milledge must have some kinda love-hate relationship.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    Billy Beane and Milledge must have some kinda love-hate relationship.
    They do, it's been reported Beane has been caught with a camera outside of Milledge's bedroom window. Although atleast it hasn't become an obsession yet to the point in which he would consider dealing Haren or Harden for him.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    He probably wants to deal one of them but he keeps getting their names mixed up...so he'll probably just crack under pressure and deal Huston Street, Eric Chavez, and the whole rotation.