Thread: Devil Rays acquired Brendan Harris from Reds

MLB ERA

Rays Devil Rays acquired Brendan Harris from Reds

Devil Rays acquired infielder Brendan Harris from the Reds for a player to be named or cash.
    A decent pickup for the bench. Whether there's room for Harris on Opening Day would seem to depend on what happens with B.J. Upton. If Upton is either starting in the outfield or back in Triple-A, Harris could be utilized as a backup at third and second. He'd then see time in place of the left-handed-hitting Akinori Iwamura against left-handers.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I think this should go under the "Who gives a shit" thread.

MLB ERA
    No one might not care but it is a Transaction and well umm this is the Transaction and Rumor forum.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Oh please. Where was the Jose Cruz Jr. thread? That has more value than a Brendan Harris thread. Like I said, who gives a twat?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Oh please. Where was the Jose Cruz Jr. thread? That has more value than a Brendan Harris thread. Like I said, who gives a twat?
    That might of happened when I was on vacation.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I actually care a bit about this trade. Harris is by no means a super stud prospect, but he had limited potential and might of not had been a bad guy to start for a week or two due to an injury. With that said, 'The Trade' (aka the Nationals getting away with rape to the Reds) has netted quite an impressive result for two of Cincy's core position players of Felipe Lopez and Austin Kearns.

Bill Bray (The only bright spot of the deal then and now, even if it's marginally bright.)
    Gary Majewski (Injured and given the secrecy and further news this winter, this kid could be done for.)
    Brendan Harris (Obviously traded to the Devil Rays, at this point of the prospect stage his value was dropping but he figured to be of some use as a middle infielder bench player.)
    Daryl Thompson (Limited pitching prospect still quite a ways away from at best, being a 5th starter)
    Royce Clayton (Traded for his defense, made Reds fans everywhere cringe with his fielding and hitting attempts. Gone.)

Seeing that two of the players are gone (and I can't imagine the haul for Harris being anything of importance) and one of the players barely holding on.... essentially it's official that the Reds traded for a good setup man/above average closer (I like Bray, but he'll never be an elite closer from what I've seen of him) and an OK pitching prospect. Obviously that trade was moronic from the outset and losing guys like Harris, Clayton and possible Majewski doesn't break it as it was already broken, but it's interesting none the less to see the deal looking worse and worse.

AA ERA
    The Cincinnati and Nationals deal was one of the worst I have seen in recent history, not quite as bad as the Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir deal between the Rays and Mets, but this one certainly ranks among the top. Not necessarily in terms of top talent being dealt but the fact that Kearns and Lopez individually were worth more than what the Reds got in return.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    How can you forget Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano and Boof Bonzer for A.J. Pierzynski?

MLB ERA
    That deal was another of Terry Ryan's aces, wasn't it?
    This deal doesn't make much sense for either team. The Reds need to bring in pitching, but the Rays don't have any to spare. The Rays don't need more infielders that bad, either.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon