Thread: Cubs sign Jason Marquis

MLB ERA

Cubs Cubs sign Jason Marquis

Cubs signed RHP Jason Marquis, who had been with the Cardinals, to a three-year, $21 million contract.
    All of those silly fools who thought Marquis would need to take a one-year deal in an attempt to rebuild his value clearly underestimated Cubs GM Jim Hendry. Marquis' strikeout rate plummeted even before his ERA skyrocketed last year, and he's hardly the groundball pitcher that he's often described as being. He can eat innings, and it's possible that he'll rebound to 2005 form. Still, there's just not enough upside here to justify this kind of contract, especially when we all know what his downside is. The Cubs will be assigning better bets to Iowa, assuming they don't just trade them for pennies on the dollar.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Marquis and Zambrano can have a contest with each other this year. Who will be the better hitter!!!! Marquis has the ability to rebound, to the Cubs defense. I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM DEFENDING THE CUBS!!!!! I feel he just needed a change of scenery!!!! Still the Cubs have too many ??? marks, IMO!!!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jim Hendry stinks. Is it that hard these days to find a GM who knows what he is doing?