Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy Johnson back to the NL west?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    This would be tremendous. I can't wait for this move to become official. *crosses fingers* Whether or not we are freeing up money to sign Clemens, or trade for Willis, or sign Chad Pennington I don't care as long as RANDY IS GONE! He's aging, he's hurt, he's a bad clubhouse presence, and he can't beat the Devil Rays.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Possible info on the haul the Yankees will get for RJ.

The teams informed the commissioner's office of the specifics of the trade, a baseball official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made.

Arizona would send pitcher Luis Vizcaino to the Yankees along with minor league pitcher Ross Ohlendorf and shortstop Alberto Gonzalez, another baseball official said, also on condition of anonymity. The Yankees also might receive another minor league pitcher, the official said, and would pay between $1.5 million and $2 million of Johnson's $16 million salary this year.

Teams are granted a 72-hour window by the commissioner's office to close tentative deals, but it was not clear when that time would begin.

"When we have been granted that window, we would be willing to discuss everything with the Diamondbacks," said Alan Nero, who represents Johnson along with Barry Meister. "Once that window is open, we will do our best to work out a deal."
    Link

AA ERA
    I believe the Yankees did very well in their deal with the D-Backs not just because of the talent they received in return but also for the fact that they only had to pay between $1.5-$2 million of the $16 million he will be owed for this up coming season.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Finally.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    I believe the Yankees did very well in their deal with the D-Backs not just because of the talent they received in return but also for the fact that they only had to pay between $1.5-$2 million of the $16 million he will be owed for this up coming season.
    Definitely, I could care less who we got as long as we barely had to pay any of the contract. Tremendous deal.

AA ERA
    I think the Diamondbacks front office knew this upcoming seasons only bright spot is his 300th win watch, which he may reach in the next two seasons. Not to mention most D-Backs fans loved him while he was there. I believe this was more of "put more fans in the seats" type deal rather than them really aiming toward contention.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    It is only a good deal for the Yankees if Vizciano returns to his form when he was with the Brewers. Has anyone notice, he is struggling to stay on MLB team rosters. Brewers, Sox, D-Backs. Sounds like Vazquez disease to me.

AA ERA
    Well, this move I believed was made more on the basis that Johnson wasn't working out in NY and the Yankees would rather spend that money owed to Johnson on trying to lure Clemens back.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, I could care less if Vizcaino throws a single pitch for us.

MLB ERA
    ...then again he'll probably be better than Ron Villone, who was my hero in the first half and then just blew up.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The DBacks will be a team to watch in '07 with Webb, Johnson, Hernandez and Davis in that rotation. Johnson is coming off his second back surgery so that will be a factor. Another factor is if the youngguys play like they are capable of meaning Drew, Young, and Quentin.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    On another note, when the NL West become the American League? The AL used to be where players went to die but now its the NL West. Johnson, Maddux, the entire Giants team and soon David Wells.

AA ERA
    Sounds like the NL West has officially become baseballs retirement home

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    It sound a tad bit like a retirement home.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Unit agrees to extension

2 year extension for $26 mil...he's signed for this season...he'll be 45/46 in the last year. Wow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast