Thread: Yankees going after Mike Gonzalez?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yankees going after Mike Gonzalez?

The Yankees are chasing Pirates reliever Mike Gonzalez. George King of the New York Post reported on Saturday that they are offering outfielder Melky Cabrera as the main piece going to Pittsburgh. Scott Proctor has also been mentioned, but King reports that the Yankees would prefer to deal a minor leaguer instead. Gonzalez was perfect in 24 save opportunities last season, and had a 2.17 ERA. He missed the final five weeks of the season because of left elbow tendinitis.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    yea 2 days ago i read about proctor and the melk man... then this morning i read about melk man and a prospect. i dont wanna dump a reliever to add a reliever... but melky and a prospect is fine by me. gonzo concerns me just because... hes pitched for pittsburgh (meaningless games; national league) his entire career, but hes completely and utterly filthy... so hopefully new york wont shake him up.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Gonzo is better than the former Pirates ace lefty reliever who used to pitch in meaningless games, Ricardo Rincon, who relies on one pitch.

****ing Brandon Lyon being injured and messing up the deal that would have brought Mikey to Boston
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Are they pursuing Gonzo just keep him away from Boston? Or is he the future closer to be? I don't know how many more years Rivera has left on his contract, just asking?